BUG in Ardu Plane 4.3.1 all OSD_* parameters disappeared - *SOLVED*

Unless I have done something to mission planner, all OSD_* parameters have disappeared under Ardu Plane 4.3.1

They are all there under 4.2.2

FC is Pixhawk 2.4.8

any ideas what’s going on here?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SOLUTION

Well the issue was I accidentally selected Pixhawk 1-1M while flashing the firmware instead of Pixhawk1 (2MB version).

Due to small memory inside the Pixhawk, OSD_* parameters were disabled.

Which flight controller are we talking about?

Pixhawk 2.4.8

2M version…

is there something I need to do make those parameter appear again? Not sure, kind of lost.

Pixhawk 2.4.8 IMHO has no built-in OSD chip (and neither camera input for nor VTX output for analog equipment). Therefore there are probably no OSD settings.

For using digital HD video this is a very unfortunate solution, because now a custom build is always needed for the OSD to be adjustable.

This has nothing to do with built in OSD.

https://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/common-msp-osd-overview.html

This is my old post…

DJI Ocusync is already a little older and hardly in use. Forget it better …

Current is today DJI FPV with WTFOS, HDZero or Walksnail. All of them can be fed with OSD data by Ardupilot … if the OSD feature is integrated in the Ardupilot firmware. For FCs without OSD chip this is IMHO not the case.

You are taking the conversation in a completely different direction.

The topic of this post is why OSD parameters are not appearing under Plan 4.3.1. That’s it. if you don’t know the answer its ok. the developer will jump in. @tridge is the gate keeper of Arduplane code.

No … look at post #4.

And why OSD_* parameter is showing up under release 4.2.2?

You are correct they should still be there

Thanks Andy. Can you please check at your end?

Sorry, no time right now

Thats fine whenever u can. I don’t want to use the old load, its a fairly expensive plane :). I will wait.

Thank you…

There will be a plane 4.3 issues ticket in github - you should add it in there

Ok I will thanks for jumping in.

My guess is that someone removed OSD from the build for this board not thinking about your use case

Most likely, but it not just effect my use case, it pretty much eliminates all protocol settings for MSP…

This entire section is gone

https://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/common-msp-osd-overview.html

I can’t see anything obvious in the config - are you sure you didn’t load the Pixhawk1-1M version by mistake?