BN 220 back sticker peeled off

I have a bn 220 gps module, I used a tape to stick it to a surface and the sticker at the back peeled off, now I am getting no GPS fix, I heard someone say electrically coupling it to a metal will be a solution(here on the forum). Can anyone guide how to do that.

how hard did you pull? propably you just ripped of the antenna from the rx module.

1 Like

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MJNC8rPMO1OXM6Q86FHsTb8i3UyOFWFs/view?usp=drivesdk
This is the rear view, I have not ripped the antenna only the sticker

What you called ‘sticker’, is the antenna.

br KH

2 Likes

and that is also not the “rear” view. its the top that sould point up to the sky without obstruktion.

1 Like

Lol, I just ruined my module than, is there any solution to this problem, if I can do a metallic coating will it solve the problem?

you can, but to matching the exact patern of the antenna is almost imposible without measuring equipment.

just buy a new one, and mount it the right way.

1 Like

There was a silvery thing on the antenna, a very thin layer not the antenna

the silver thing IS the antenna.

1 Like

Wow, what a fool I am. Thanks for answering. I should buy a new one immediately I have a project demonstration tomorrow :joy:
Thank you @aamadeuss @nostromo123

@ Sadia_K

We all make mistakes, but it doesn’t happen so often, that we post our own mistakes in a forum like you did. :grinning:

br KH

1 Like