Best way to tune out micro twitches in GPS modes?

I am using EKF mode. In the the GPS modes I am experiencing micro twitches/glitches.

Auto tune was used, and flies well in stabilise mode.

I am guessing its as the GPS updates momentarily. I am using the 3DR LEA 6H. sat count today was between 10-12. HDOP about 1.5. No toilet bowling, just occasional horizontal glitches, it doesn’t mover very far, centimeters, just enough to kick the camera gimbal.

Do I tweak the loiter gains or do I look at adjusting EKF_VELNE_NOISE? This is currently set to 0.5.

EKF3 IVN and IVE are both below 0.4, with occasional blip above to about 0.6 when stationary in loiter.

edit, my IPN and IPE are below 0.2 when stationary, but EKF_POSNE_NOISE? is 0.5, does the EKF think my gps is noisier than it is and the ekf wanders a bit then get s kicked back by GPS? I am new to looking at EKF logs.

Cheers

Stu

OK so I have been fettling trying to sort this out my self.

What I did was reduce my VEL/POS NE noise params down to nearer the noise level shown in the EKF3 logs and I set Loiter Kp on chan 6. Flying I reduced it from 1 to 0.7 and now have a nice smooth but precise loiter that doesn’t try and rattle my camera gimbal. POS Hold is very nice now.

Testing is on going as conditions were calm, but the twitching was evident with Kp set to 1 so it looks positive, just need to check in the breeze it still has enough authority and can react to gusts…but if its that windy odds are it will be challenging to do smooth video anyway…we’ll see.

I believe there is a solution for this in today’s FW upgrade. Particularly related to AUTO

[quote=“RabbitStu”]I am using EKF mode. In the the GPS modes I am experiencing micro twitches/glitches.

Auto tune was used, and flies well in stabilise mode.

I am guessing its as the GPS updates momentarily. I am using the 3DR LEA 6H. sat count today was between 10-12. HDOP about 1.5. No toilet bowling, just occasional horizontal glitches, it doesn’t mover very far, centimeters, just enough to kick the camera gimbal.

Do I tweak the loiter gains or do I look at adjusting EKF_VELNE_NOISE? This is currently set to 0.5.

EKF3 IVN and IVE are both below 0.4, with occasional blip above to about 0.6 when stationary in loiter.

edit, my IPN and IPE are below 0.2 when stationary, but EKF_POSNE_NOISE? is 0.5, does the EKF think my gps is noisier than it is and the ekf wanders a bit then get s kicked back by GPS? I am new to looking at EKF logs.

Cheers

Stu[/quote]

Cheers fullscale, I’ll check it out.

sent from my phone so apologies for any typos