Beginner building TurboBeaver / Your input is welcome!

Hello i have tried GPS inside on many off my planes they all end up with Hi mag fields compass errors
so mount it up top and turn off the 2 internal compass and just use the one in the GPS as the man that design the cube and GPS says

Thank you for the answer mate. Do you have a link where I can see /Listen to his advice?

I have a gps mag inside the fuse on two aircraft and the are working well, just stay clear of hatch magnets etc. to get a visual of how close matters use a handheld compass, nose the plane north and move the compass in from the east or west to toward servos or magnets and see how close before it starts to pull the needle

Thanks for the info. The plane is completely built and works very well. I have had an eye on that and wherever possible I switched metallic parts to plastic parts or 3d printed them. The Here2 does a stellar job. The only downside is right now, that the TBS Core doesnt do its job and theres no solution in sight even though I had a longer conversation with the support. Apart from that, only minor tuning has to be made.
The Beaver is maidened, next steps are pix level calibration and fine tuning airspeed stuff / radii and so on.

1 Like

Looks amazing, is it spt10 powered? Sorry just noticed esc specs, all good. Can’t wait to see numbers from flights

That’s a beautiful looking build! Well done. Glad to hear it’s flying!

1 Like

dang Scott, dont bring me to stupid ideas :sweat_smile:

I plan to do one or two setup flights on saturday, hope it all goes well. Its presence in the air is amazing and not really comparable to other (foam) builds I’ve done before with less sophisticated FCs. Just in case you want to see more of the building progress of the beaver, you can visit me on instagram on @operaswift. Due to time restraints it always takes some time to evaluate where I currently am in the setup process and what and how to tune everything to fly properly. But I’ll get there :slightly_smiling_face:

The planes current features/setup :
Pix Orange, Here2, ASPD4525, 6s 20Amp Bat, Mauch Power supply / sensor, 100A ESC, PropDrive 5050 580kv, 14x8, SBEC for VTX, TBS unify pro32 hv, tbs 59 cam ( weak spot ), core pro w/ gps and current sensing, crsf diversity rx, 10 servos of all sizes, retractable landing light system, 360° pan, 90° tilt system, go pro adapter, wing lighting system, vtx cooling fans (only on when plane stands still), CC BEC pro for servo rail

I had to use a lot of Y-soldering to fit all that in 8 channels, but it works well. Lights and cooling fans and retractable landing lights turn off when the flaps go 0, light retract servo is also coupled to that channel. The CC BEC pro can pump out 20A of power into the servo rail so thats no issue luckily.

Ill update when theres more interesting stuff to tell :slight_smile:

Plane looks great. Just a heads up that I have a couple of these blow up on me when drawing above 10A constantly. So - personally I have them rated for max 10A draw during my setups. Just an FYI.

1 Like