BaroAlt follows Temp

Hello,

I’ve seen a few entries about BaroAlt drift when running 3.2 on a pixhawk. Didn’t really find any response on those posts, so here goes again simple version:

Is the BaroAlt supposed to follow a Temp increase, or can I set some parameter to counter for this?

(Please see attached screen dump of my situation (Blue: BaroAlt, Begie: Temp. Jumps in BaroAlt is me liftning the hexa for compass calibration)

Thanks!

Hi,

baro is equipped of a temperature sensor. Try to let some minuts your hexa outside before starting fly.
the difference between the outside and the inside can be your drone mad :smiley: some times it don’t start (i had got this issue this winter)

does your logs shows “Baro glitch” ?

If you mean any spikes or discontinuities in the baro readout, no. Just as my screendump above, a smooth follow of the temp increase (except for lifting for compass calibration) Don’t really understand what You mean with the baro sensor is equipped with a temp sensor? They should be separate units as i understand it, temp a solid state temp sensitive resistor and baro is some sort of membrane being distorted by pressure. Right?

Sent using Tapatalk

No,no.
In the baro sensor i fact there are 2 sensors:
Baro and temperature. It is necessary to get the both to determinate your altitude.
Some problems occured bescause of important variation of temperature in a short time…
(by exemple when you go outside the temp should decrease or increase. So your altitude will reach some bad values, if you wait a while, it will go normally)

Ok! And now i discovered today that the baro actually resets to 0 when I activate Pixhawk with the safety switch. Probably some calibration is done when its time for flight. As you say, after soaking up the ambient temp. Thanks for input!

Sent using Tapatalk