Bait boat 2 servo command in one WP

Hi all

I have a problem with servo working on my bait boat. In the bait boat i are px4 and ardurover 3.5.1.
The ship are two tanks. I send the bait boat in only one point int o one mission. I want to work two servos there, right at the target. I’m asking for help, idea.
What now. I make the mission to the Tower, arrives bait boat in wp, one servo is working 90 degrees and the other servo not. The servo that works - 90 degrees, should go back to normal but won’t go.
I read in the rover documentation that only one DO SET SERVO command can be used per mission. I’m sad.
I already thought about Arduino. That would also need help. I’m a simple driver, but I like challenges.

Yes, you should be able to use the do-set-servo command. The first field should be the pwm output port that the servo is connected to.

There is also some setup information here.

It might be best to include a dataflash log of the time it didn’t work properly.

Thanks for the quick response. I went out to port to test just had a little adventure. A storm came, winds of 150 km / h and overturned the boat.
The boat had to be disassembled, everything got wet.
Will be back. Thanks.

1 Like

Hello all
the baitboat is fine, not damaged, real survivor.
I read this post in forum.

That’s what I want. Work 2 SERVO in MANUAL and AUTO MODE.
In MANUAL MODE rc function 55 and 56 (5 and 6 servo)
AUTO MODE Arduino Uno control 2 servo.
Only I have Pixhawk px4, not APM.
I would like to make a 2 servo exactly in wp.

I’m think to know what I want.
I only wield 1 wp. I’ll do the mission. Wp.txt contains the GPS coordinate. Pixhawk send this coordinate to Arduino Uno, or Arduino Uno to request coordinate from Pixhawk. When the bait boat arrived the wp, Arduino Uno send command - controlle 2 servo.
If there is another command to send to Pixhawk, RTL.
This is what I would like to achieve.
I can’t program, but I’m very persistent.
Thank you for your patience

What do you need the Arduino Uno for? This is basic functionality for ArduRover.

1 Like

Is the ability to control servos limited by the flight mode? If so, is this documented somewhere? I was hoping to control the servos in particular in the following modes: guided, hold, loiter and manual. Manual is low priority since I use the transmitter anyway. Auto I find is better used for mapping missions only (I also use ardurover in a bait boat)

Hello

I didn’t have time to get a boat on the water. So there is no log file yet.
I read the servo commands, but when anglers I can’t carry a laptop so I can’t use the MP.
I’m using the Tower. I didn’t see the REPEAT SERVO command in the Tower.
Tower cannot be a wp 2 servo command. This is the problem.
When i go to water i make a mission in the tower and put here and the log file.
Thank you for your patience.

Hello Robert . I guess you need to add waypoints betwen do set servo commands.
Something like this

Hi all

Successful, working on cup emptying.
RC5_DZ, 0.000000 RC5_MAX, 1896.000000 RC5_MIN, 1024.000000 RC5_OPTION, 0.000000 RC5_REVERSED, 0.000000 RC5_TRIM, 1024.000000 RC6_DZ, 0.000000 RC6_MAX, 2003.000000 RC6_MIN, 1127.000000 RC6_OPTION, 1100.000000 RC6_OPTION, 1100.000000

and

SERVO5_FUNCTION, 0.000000 SERVO5_MAX, 1024.000000 SERVO5_MIN, 2000.000000 SERVO5_REVERSED, 0.000000 SERVO5_TRIM, 1024.000000 SERVO6_FUNCTION, 0.000000 SERVO6_MAX, 1750.000000 SERVO6_MIN, 1024.000000 SERVO6_REV000000000000

SET_SERVO in Tower works between 2 WP.
Not very accurate, you need to work on change speed and brake.
I want to use brake before wp where it needs to be emptied. But how the servo works is good.
Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Servo 5, 6 work when i swich Auto mode from Tower and from RC, but not in Manual mode.
To do this, you must rewrite SERVO_FUNCTION 55 and 56.
There is no script for this that I can run from the Rc10 option?

@ddrram2, you’re right that we don’t have an auxiliary switch function for changing servo outputs. We do have the “passthrough” (i.e. set SERVO6_FUNCTION = 59 (rcin9)) but in Rover-3.5.1 I don’t think this will work well with the do-set-servo. In Rover-4.0.0 it will work though. Rover-4.0.0 should start beta testing next week.

1 Like

Thank you Randy, this verry good news.
I wait the 4.0 Rover firmware.

Hello Randy, thank you very much for your help. Everything works the way I wanted it to.
There is automatic emptying and there is manual emptying.
I use the beta 4.0.0-rc1 firmware.
Very super.
I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Hi all

… I’m here again ha ha

I have only one question to ask, in fishing we strive for accuracy. It would be good to have 2 or 3 servo work in one waipoint at a time, simultaneously.

It would be nice if you do not need blank wp in the SET_SERVO commands.

Now is that in auto mode need 9 waypoints in a one waypoint mission, with the same coordinate:

1wp is waiting for 5s,

2wp set servo 5-2000,

3wp wait 1 sec,

4wp set servo 6-1000,

5wp wait 1sec,

6wp set servo 5-1000,

7wp wait 1 sec,

8wp set servo 6-2000,

9wp rtl.

This is a novel, ha ha ha and not so perfect. How wonderful it would be if you just went to the waipoint, stop, give the fish two containers of food, the container will close and come home.

This is my dream.