Bad Vision Position IR LOCK copter 3.6dev

hi, I’m trying to install the ir lock system.
in a pixhawk 2.4.8 (“a” Chinese “copy”)
the pixy camera is original ir lock.
I have tired of checking the connections parameters and the code of the camera, but I get the error:
“Bad Vision Position”
I have a normal ultrasonic sonar, which works correctly,
Thanks so much for reading
IMG_8057(1)

I do have the same issue as well anyone knows what coukd be the issue? I have chosen I2C as communication port on pixy either but cant get this message go. I uploaded the most recent firmware on pixy as well.

Kind of lost…

Bad vision position in my experience is the message shown by the system when it gets no data from the camera.

Is it a genuine IR-LOCK camera?

yes it is actually one of the first releases bought in 2015. I decided to use it again for a project.

It drives me nuts actually. I also added a rangefinder vl530x as it states it works with a rangefinder but still having same issue.

I do connect the pixy camera to pc and get image on pixy mon app with raw video. Yet on default camera it doesnt spot anything as it indicates on wiki.

I also updgrade the board firmware to latest 2.09 but no luck.

Check your I2C connection.

Corrado

I will do so but i do have one question regarding the beacon.

the wiki says if i connect the pixy camera to computer via usb and connect to raw video and make adjustment on lens for 15+ distance. i do see the beacon flashing from 15 meters and image quality is fine yet wiki says click default program and i should see the beacon as white box. This doesnt happen on my end to begin with. Is that something a bug on the the hardware end ?

What i see on mine is a white ball, i put it out of focus as per instructions to make it a bit bigger and easier to recognize from the system.
But first of all i’d check connection to get rid of bad health message.

Corrado

it was a problem of configuration of the irlock camera at the piximonprogramm… thomas stone solved my particular problem in a email
i change the data out port to 1, in the 1.0.3 firmware

Great, glad you solved it.

Corrado

ok here is actual status.

I am reading data from the range finder properly ( I use VL530x ). Yet I still get bad lidar health message on the HUD where I don’t understand the reason.

I still enable IR lock as instructed and when I do I am getting bad vision position on the HUD as well.

I am kind of lost due to lack of documentation about this. It seems this thing is not working for me at all.

:frowning:
Tolga

and one more thing, at wiki it says change RNGFND_LANDING to 1 if you see bad lidar health on HUD. But this param is not there. I assume this is now PLND_ENABLED. Even if that is the case I do have to change that to 1 for IR lock.

If I can read sonarrange correctly why arducopter keeps telling me bad lidar health? how can i trace this thru logs ?

what version of copter you use?
you set the DATA OUT PORT to 1 in piximon tools?(test it with 0 aswell)
you did a real precision landing test with a solid ir beacon or BEACOM?

Hello Alberto,

I am using a beacon and i did connect with pixymon to change the port 1.

I m using 3.6.1 arducopter version.

in a precission landing test, your HEAL param. is 1 or 0?
could you provide some screenshots of your rangefinder log graphs and PL parameters

I have been fighting with this for a while. Set PLND_BUS to 0, then reboot. This solved it for me.

bad lidar health is because of beacon in front of your lidar. if you point the lidar to a light source it will says “bad lidar health”.

Well that is the issue then because the lidar is side by side with the ir lock. I never tried without ir lock. Will give a try. Thanks for the reply.

hello, I am also face the same issue ( Bad vision position) but it seems something like different
i am working on precision landing so i am use EMLID RTK for more precision
the problem here is when i use regular GPS and IR-Lock it is working but if i use IR-Lock along with RTK i is showing bad vision position
can you please help me to solve this, i was trying to solve this for long time but no result