Bad AHRS - Pixhawk

Pixhawk, Arduplane 3.2.2.

Hello guys,

having a problem to make EKF to work.
As soon as I put the EKF_ENABLE 1, the massage “BAD AHRS” appears on my Mission Planner screen. I couldn’t find any similar topic on other forums so you’re my last chance =)

I thought that it’s might be a hardware problem, but both of my Pixhawks acts the same. The IMU pin legs connections on PCB are also look fine. All the initial calibration were made.

I also had an idea that it might be a wrong EKF_ or AHRS_ parameters problem, but I varied them without any successful result.

Both IMU seems to work according to log file. But most of EKF’1-4’ logs shows zeros. Since it was recorded indoor so I turned off the “AHRS_GPS_USE 0”, but even with its on and outdoor the result is the same - “BAD AHRS”

I also noticed that INS_PRODUCT_ID turns to “0”, saying that IMU is unknown, but not 5 as it should be for Pixhawk.

Please help, I spent the 2 days solving this problem without any results!

Parameters and logs are stored HERE

the link to your logs doesn’t work. I just get a login screen.
Cheers, Tridge

[quote=“tridge”]the link to your logs doesn’t work. I just get a login screen.
Cheers, Tridge[/quote]
Thank you for tryout!
Something went wrong with that web-site, here are the link for LOGs and Parameters

“Bad AHRS” (seen in Mission Planner) is due to the initial locking-on
of the GPS and the effects that has on the EKF - it normally only
occurs when EKF is active.
If the problem was instead a failed accelerometer will show up as “Bad
Gyro”, “Bad Accel” or “Accels inconsistent”

Thanks, Grant.

I have the same problem but from the answer, it’s not clear that you are saying to ignore the Bad AHRS warning if its not bad accel or bad gyro.
Bad AHRS will not clear no matter what I do. I get no other warnings except, of course, initially, Bad GPS. But when GPS locks and gets HDOP below 1.9, the Bad AHRs warning still does not go away. I fly plane FW.

Guys, I worked on this for a few hours. After reseting everything, I decided one more try. I have disabled the Auto Dec, went to the web site to find my location degrees and minutes and set it manually and voila. Bad AHRS is gone. I hope it helps!

I’m on 3.3 plane

I’ll give it a try. If only it is that simple!

I get an intermittent Bad AHRS message. After reading this discussion I really have no idea what this indicates. Error messages should be better documented with a good explanation of why you we get the message and a list of possible corrective actions.

If Bad AHRS is really a useless message then it should be removed.

[quote=“RC Mike”]I get an intermittent Bad AHRS message. After reading this discussion I really have no idea what this indicates. Error messages should be better documented with a good explanation of why you we get the message and a list of possible corrective actions.

If Bad AHRS is really a useless message then it should be removed.

.[/quote]
I agree 100% with the first part of your post. I have asked numerous times that there be a Glossary of tuning parameters and the “user items” in the HUD. Each should have an explanation as to its purpose, the ideal response or reading and trouble shooting steps if one is not at the ideal.