Arming timeout disable

Hello everyone!

I have a quick question about coding. I need to be able to arm my Pixhawk and leave it armed without the safety disarm kicking in. Often I need the system to remain armed for up to 10 minutes before flying. I do know that if I continue to move the throttle it will remain armed, but I want to be able to leave it without touching the controls.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I needed something similar and got it by making a small change to the firmware and re-compiling.

Specifically, the change is to line 6 in motors.pde, changing the definition of AUTO_DISARMING_DELAY to 240. It gets compared to auto_disarming_counter, which is an 8 bit integer so the max is 255 I believe. However, for my first attempt I changed it to 300 and the vehicle never timed out to disarm. So, that could be an option, but I don’t know how safe it is. Another option may be changing auto_disarming_counter to uint16_t, but that probably has further implications as well. 4 minutes was plenty for me, so I didn’t work toward anything beyond that. Finally, I did this in AC3.2.1, so there could be differences in 3.3, but I haven’t looked at that at all.

6#define AUTO_DISARMING_DELAY    240 // called at 1hz so 15 seconds
8static uint8_t auto_disarming_counter;

Perfect! I’ll give it a try, thank you very much.