ARM/DISARM woes

Thanks, Erik. That worked. But AP did not run the script after I added the lua script file to the AP SD card. Thought it might be the AP, but the specs on the Matek H743 say it has enough memory.

Stating the obvious but SCR_ENABLE (1)?

Yes, SCR_ENABLE set to 1, I rebooted the AP, went back to Full Parameters and expected to find the "QUIK_ENABLE parameter (and others), but nothing there. I also expected to see something in the Data page Messages referring to Scripting, but nothing there. Maybe I don’t understand the directions…

You may need to refresh the parameters.

Also, the script must reside in the scripts directory.

Tried again this morning. Connecting the AP after setting SCR_ENABLE on does not add any QUIK_ parameters but does add 10 additional SCR_ parameteters.

I’m far from quiktune on my plane, so no hurry in figuring this out, I just thought it would be good to get in set up on the AP before I went any further in my build.

Scripted parameters are not available immediately upon boot. The script must enable them, first. Refresh the parameters.

Yuri, the file is definitely in the SCRIPTS folder under the APM folder. “Refresh parameters?” Doesn’t that happen when one disconnects from MP, then unplug the USB, and the reconnect?

4th button down on the full parameter list. If your parameter set is read prior to the script completing initialization, you will need to do this.

Ok, tried Refresh too, but no luck. However, displaying the contents of the folders/files on the SD card using the MavlinkFTP, my lua file has two extensions “quiktune.lua.txt”. I added the downloaded lua file manually to the SD card. Could this be the problem?

That is definitely the problem. Windows added a txt extension to your file. Rename the file properly, and it will run.

Bingo! That was it, Yuri and Dave! Problem was that I’ve been mostly a Mac guy, and didn’t have a clue that Windows would add the extra extension. It was hidden when viewing it on the file manager, and I had to put quote marks around the SAVE AS command to get it to save as a .lua file. Thanks, guys!

If you disable all of the stupid, convenience-minded view options in the file manager (that, un-coincidentally make it appear more Mac-like), it will probably behave better with unknown file extensions.

Glad you got it working.