“Arm/Disarm command failed” is all I get

After setting up a new drone (with a hardware and software configuration same as the last 9 pieces I’ve built - all work fine), in QGC, after the compass calibration passed, I’ve accidentally pushed reboot button instead of de- and repowering the drone. AFAIK it can mix up badly the mavlink commands or cause various malfunctions.

Unpowered and repowered it, checked all the before flight checklist items, but arming the drone did never work. Selecting the “Arm” in QGC and sliding the slider gives me an error message: “Arm/Disarm command failed”

Tried the followings, but did not help any:

Restarting the drone and the controller
Reloading the firmware on the Orange cube, also the parameter list
Resetting the Herelink Air unit (with reset button)
Resetting the controller (Android reset)
Reloading air unit firmware, also “updating” controller app and ota app (same versions were installed)

The system is running Arducopter 4.0.7 (must be this version), all other components are on the latest sw/fw.

Logs are attached, in which after powering up, the only action taken is clicking on arm, then sliding the slider, getting the error message.

bugreport-N2G47J-2022-09-08-08-25-32.zip (941.8 KB)
bugreport-N2G47J-2022-09-08-10-24-02.zip (869.9 KB)

Hello @Peter_ABZ

I don’t think so…

Check out the complete messages window in QGC flight screen, probably it will have some kind of message informing about the error. As you are using Herelink, it has centered throttle stick and you have to change some parameters in the parameter list to allow arming via MAVLink.

From where you downloaded the files that you posted? We need a log from FC to debug it… change parameter LOG_DISARMED to 1 and then try to arm; after that, put LOG_DISARMED back to zero and then download the log file of your FC.

Looks like it was some weird glitch in the Herelink settings/Joystick section, where the reverse switch was not saved at the first push of the save button, and the right-down state of the left joystick (what we use for arming) triggered the compass calibration to start (but not seemingly running in the qgc menu), causing the arm/disarm command not be valid ever since.

As I see, since then there’s a newer version through updates and it won’t misbehave like this anymore.