Ardusimple rtk GPS not recognized

I’m not sure about configuration to my use case I have not the background knowledge to choose a better/worst configuration. Right now I’m using Ardusimple config file on base and rover to be sure everything is working ok. It include 10Hz output rate.
It’s mounted on an hexacopter, I will be using it on my research work next to an ASV. On the ASV I will mount a RTK+heading module.
Where do I find autonfiguration routine from AP?

Thank

The Copter 4.0 autoconfiguration code is in libraries/AP_GPS.cpp.

It sets 115200 baud for a single GPS or 460800 if it’s a moving base/rover (GPS_TYPE=17, GPS_TYPE2=18).

That happens any time GPS_AUTO_CONFIG=1, which is the recommended setting for most applications.

However, since you intend to use UART2 with an external radio module, the way the flight controller sets up the F9P may not be compatible with what the radio needs to communicate on UART2.

If you’re looking for a plug and play solution, there may not be one, and you’ll need to do some research to figure out exactly what you need.

This video by @ktrussell is outstanding. Take the time to watch and digest it.

If you’re planning to use an ArduSimple RTK+Heading solution, the relevant documentation is here. I do not like their RTK+Heading setup (with the daughter board), and it’s actually cheaper and easier to just use two SimpleRTK2B boards together and let ArduPilot do the configuration for you.

1 Like

Ok, I will study a little more.
I will have some mix of flight controller. On the ASV I have a custom autopilot and connected to it I have a raspberry pi (the same for pixhawk on the hexa) I have a separate Wifi network and using ROS. Right now RTCM messages are transported by XBee radio link. But they could be part of ROS (wifi) network.
So, I will need to investigate the options and test them.
Thank again!

2 Likes