Arduplane arms when throttle not at minimum

I arm my plane with a switch and have found that it will arm when the throttle is at any value. Is this expected behavior? I can see a use case for this, for example when you are hand launching a pusher and want a very rapid throttle-up without relying on an autolaunch throw delay. But it would be nice (and safe) if there was a pre-arm check that you can turn on if desired. My workaround is to arm through a logical switch instead.

No, this is not expected and would be a safety problem. Per default arming is allowed only when throttle is at minimum. There are parameters to disable arming checks, but disabling this checks is not recommended. ARMING_CHECK should be 1 and bit 5 of RC_OPTIONS “Arming check throttle for 0 input” should be set to 1 (RC_OPTIONS is per default at 32)

Blockquote
@jreise-d bit 5 of RC_OPTIONS “Arming check throttle for 0 input” should be set to 1 (RC_OPTIONS is per default at 32)

Thanks. I blindly took the advice to set rc_options=8 to get my fport receiver working. A lesson learned to check the docs when changing parameters from default and verify what will be affected.