ArduCopter SITL RC (QGC Gamepad fail due to missing parameters)

Hi Guys,

I’m just taking my first steps with ArduCopter. My intention is initially to run the ArduCopter as a SITL. I have also succeeded in doing this so far. I have successfully compiled the source code and run it together with MAV Proxy. There I was able to successfully control the simulation of the drone.

As a next step I tried to operate the simulated drone with QGroundControl. I can successfully connect, take off and fly off waypoints.

Now my current plan would be to test whether I can operate the simulated drone with a GamePad using QGC. This functionality is actually supported by QGC. But when I try to open the device settings there, I get an error message that certain parameters are not being transferred by the SITL. These are the parameters MNT_RC_IN_PAN, MNT_RC_IN_TILT and MNT_RC_IN_ROLL. In the documentation I saw that these parameters are there to determine on which channels the respective inputs are mapped. Of course, this only works with a remote control and it doesn’t seem to be implemented in SITL.

Is there any way I can do this so that I can operate the SITL via QGC using the GamePad?

best regards

Chris

Nobody has an idea regarding this? I’m still looking for a solution…