APM2.6 S.Bus compatibility

Hi All
Does the APM2,6 support s.bus ?
I have a FrSky Taranis Tx with a X8R 8/16 channel receiver with S.bus. Could I use the s.bus to have more channels for modes on the APM.
Fairly new in the game so just asking.
Smiddie

No it doesn’t. You can buy an s.bus to cppm converter.
alofthobbies.com/frsky-sbus-converter.html
frsky-rc.com/support/Details.php?fqa_id=50

Hi Iskess
Thanks a lot, sorry for my ignorance, but I will only need the one converter to be able to use the other channels?
Regards
Smiddie

How many channels do you need? APM can only use 8 inputs.

Hi Iskess
Thanks for the info so far, In other words I can only use 8 inputs on the APM via CPPM, is that excluding the normal PWM inputs that I use to control the multicopter? In the normal setup I have a 6 channel receiver hooked up to the APM2,6. 4 channels I use for controls,throttle,yaw, tilt etc. two channels I use for changing flight modes. ex. loiter and stabalize on one channel and RTL on the other.

But if I use the FrSky X8R receiver which has 8 channels + the s.bus to make 16. And I want to use 4 channels for controls, another 2 for camera gimbal control then I have 2 left for modes, but I want at least 4 channels for mode switches. So you say once I used the 8 inputs on APM for PWM inputs from Receiver thats it?? done no more space for inputs to APM for more functions?
Regards
Smiddie

Yes, only 8 inputs. But you should be able to get all 6 modes on one channel. It’s an easy task for the Taranis. If you have any functions that the APM doesn’t control, like a pan/tilt gimbal that is not stabilized by the APM, then you can use more channels than the APM’s 8.