APM:Plane 3.1.0 released

You can go to the parameters and enter the number of meters you want. If you want it to be changed over a waypoint, enter the command do_set_cam_trigg_dist into the flight plan.
There is no way to control this function via the RC handheld, Mavlink only.

I set in OPTIONAL HARDWARE camera gimbal shutter as RC10, (I have device connected in AUX2 in pixhawk)

I have tried setting RC10 function as 10 or 0 and/or RC 7 function as 10 or 0 but none of the combinations activates camera from mission planner by doing “activate camera now”.

The only way I can trigger camera is if I connect device in AUX2, set RC6 function as pass through and trigger camera manually by transmitter, but this is not very convenient for auto mission.

Thanks

[quote=“iskess”]You can go to the parameters and enter the number of meters you want. If you want it to be changed over a waypoint, enter the command do_set_cam_trigg_dist into the flight plan.
There is no way to control this function via the RC handheld, Mavlink only.[/quote]

Is this a common setup? I am planning a water supply line, aerial photography (mapping). How can I use APM 2.6 CAM_TRIGG_DIST function without area mapping function in the flight plan. (not via Auto Wavepoint / Survey Grid)?
I have the SX260 HS camera and cable between APM A9 pin and the camera’s USB (black / red => s / -)
amppam

[quote=“amppam”][quote=“iskess”]You can go to the parameters and enter the number of meters you want. If you want it to be changed over a waypoint, enter the command do_set_cam_trigg_dist into the flight plan.
There is no way to control this function via the RC handheld, Mavlink only.[/quote]

Is this a common setup? I am planning a water supply line, aerial photography (mapping). How can I use APM 2.6 CAM_TRIGG_DIST function without area mapping function in the flight plan. (not via Auto Wavepoint / Survey Grid)?
I have the SX260 HS camera and cable between APM A9 pin and the camera’s USB (black / red => s / -)
amppam[/quote]

If I am understanding your question correctly, simply change the parameter Cam_Trigg_Dist to the number of meters interval you want a trigger. You don’t need to use the survey grid or even a flight plan. It can be flown in any mode you want. It just fires away whenever the GPS detects the distance has been traveled.