APM 2.6 Temperature Sensor?

Hello!

I have recently taken a project to produce a Quadcopter for indoor use which is capable of monitoring indoor temperature.

I’m hoping to begin by creating a simple system to begin with and then slowly and progressively make it more complex.

The initial system I’m planning will involve a manually controlled quadcopter, with a temperature sensor on-board, I intend for this temperature measurement to be transmitted wirelessely to the operator, and displayed on a computer/tablet/android.

So here come the questions…

1.)Temperature Sensor on APM 2.6 - Is it possible at all to connect a thermo-couple to the analog inputs of the APM 2.6 board and then have this reading be transmitted through a wireless telemetry transceiver?
2.) Wireless transmission of temperature measurement - What is the simplest method of wirelessly transmitting the temperature measurement back to the user? I have found methods using FrSky telemetry sensor hub and receiver, and also a method using a bluetooth module, are there anymore methods?

If I’m unable to connect a temperature sensor directly onto the APM 2.6 and have that transmitted to the user, then I was thinking I would place an arduino on the quadcopter with the necessary components to measure temperature and wirelessly transmit the measurement. Any thoughts on this idea?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.