Apm 2.6 Half-broken?

I think the motor part of my apm is broken. When I connect it with usb, every sensor works fine, board powers up, etc.

When I try to connect one esc with bec to the OUTPUT 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 (all 3 wires with ground being the pin closest to the edge) the board does not power up. I have jp1 connected. When I try to test the motors via the cli(battery and 1 esc connected), by entering “test”, “motors”, nothing happens.

I know the esc’s all work because I used to fly a multiwii copter with them. I did not re-calibrate them after changing flight control boards, could that be the problem? I even tested their power lines and sure enough, there is a clean 5v provided. The only other thing I can think of is that the bec is not 2amps(kinda unlikely since they are 30a escs)?

So, my question is, what can I do to find why the apm board is not being powered by the esc and why the motors won’t run?

Are you sure JP1 is correctly placed?

APM is designed to be used with the Power Module. Any reason why you’re not using that instead to the power the board? It’s much more reliable than BECs from an ESC.

Yes, I have jp1 correctly connected. I’m using the esc bec because I don’t have a power module…

@Electronicguy,
Here is a schematic of the APM2.5/2.6 power circuitry: http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/apm2-5-5v-vcc-schematic
Regards,
TCIII GM

@TCII Thanks. I looked at it and checked fuses 1 and 2 and they are not blown. Also received a power module today, connected it and nothing. Still doesn’t turn on and the pins of the power module have 5.3v.
Any other ideas?

Ok, I did some voltage measurements and accidentally made it work. See image below(ignore the green lines)

Full res: s29.postimg.org/mj6snpxw7/apm_issue_power.jpg (use ctrl + mouse wheel to zoom)

So, what is broken and how do I fix it?

Hi, did you find a solution for yor board? I think I have the same problem.