APM 2.6 code vrs Pixhawk code

I’m beginning to get the feeling that the Mission Planner and firmware updates are more applicable to Pixhawk FMU’s than they are APM 2.6 FMU’s.

For instance, flight parameter discussions give no indication whether they are talking about Pixhawk and Iris or generic quads using APM 2.6.

This is particularly noticeable when doing parameter compares as new firmware is downloaded. Some parameters in one firmware version are not even available in newer firmware versions.

Is there possibly one older firmware version that is better suited to generic quads using APM 2.6? Are the newer firmware versions more and more not suitable? How about MP versions, are they more suited for Pixhawk nowdays?

C. J. Klingman
South Fork, CO

I’m beginning to get the feeling that the Mission Planner and firmware updates are more applicable to Pixhawk FMU’s than they are APM 2.6 FMU’s.

The firmwares that can be downloaded from Mission Planner use the same parameters regardless of if the unit is an APM or a Pixhawk or some other flight controller that is running ardupilot.

This is particularly noticeable when doing parameter compares as new firmware is downloaded. Some parameters in one firmware version are not even available in newer firmware versions.

I think you are mistaken. Once in a while we change parameter names but you’ll find they are replaced with something else. If a parameter is deleted it is no longer required in the latest code

copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/arducopter-parameters/
plane.ardupilot.com/wiki/arduplane-parameters/

How about MP versions, are they more suited for Pixhawk nowdays?

No MP will work with all versions