Antenna Tracker on Matek F405-WING

you will have to have turned off the satey switch with BRD_SAFETYENABLE ? or fitted a safety switch and pressed it. The test button will only do anything when your armed and in SERVO_TEST mode.

Thanks Peter.

I was in Servo test mode as shown in HUD of MP. Pls see attached.

BRD_SAFETY was also enabled (set to 1).

I also armed the tracker as heard by the long beep.

All these did not change anything until I changed the SERVO1_ and SERVO2_ FUNCTION to 72 and 71 respectively, (SERVO3_ and SERVO4_ changed back to 0), then the test button now works.

I have been working on this project for nearly 3 years, on and off, without success. I followed the wiki to the word, seems the description does not work. As you can see from the attached screen shot, I have both the quad and the tracker appear in MP, meaning the tracker got the position data from the vehicle, but the tracker servos refuse to move, even though I fly the vehicle above the tracker. I don’t have clue as to why it does not work, for 3 years.

Is your tracker working ? Any custom setting in MP, different from the default setting ?

Pls see the 2 attached photos of my set up.

the new beta definitely works.

Looks like tracker can see the quad at least, its got the orange line pointed at it, note that just because mission planner can see it doesn’t mean tracker will track it, but it looks like your OK in this case. I guess the quad is further away than what you have set for the minimum distance?. If your still on the default the quad is outside the radius in the screen grab anyway.

Hard to help anymore without a dataflash log off the sdcard and/or a tlog from mission planner.

edit: you will need to be AUTO mode to track. have you tried scan mode? would show that the servos ect are working.

I set the minimim distance to be 2 meter, so I can move the vehicle indoor by more than 2 meters from the tracker, still the 2 servos did not move, even though the tracker is in AUTO mode.

I also changed to SCAN mode with the same result.

I am still struggling with the test button…yaw is OK, but when I push the PITCH test button, both the pitch and yaw servos move. I swap the servo wires to the controller, and also swap the 71 and 72 setting. All these did not help. Do you have any clue ?

Thank you for your continued support.

BRD_SAFETYENABLE should be 0. If that doesn’t fix it I will need logs to further diagnose.

I can have the DF log downloaded from my quad or plane, but not on Antenna Tracker. Still figuring out.

I used to have the **.**param file downloaded few years ago, but now it is changed to DF log.

Will provide you with the DF log as soon as I get it.

Thank you again.

Hello Peter,

I still can’t download the DF log via Mavlink. See attached. Instead, I removed the Sd card from Pixhack and copy the binary log to my PC. See attached.

Hope this helps to diagnose why when I ets the Pitch button, both the pitch servo and the yaw servo move. Yaw button is OK.

Thanks for your help.

Frankie

00000155.BIN (1.02 MB)

The issue may be that we don’t allow downloading of logs while the vehicle is armed and trackers may always be armed…?

Your BRD_SAFETYENABLE is 1, it should be 0

@rmackay9 is correct, you will need to be disarmed to download a log, either by toggling the arming state in mission planner or switching to stop mode

Thank you for the reply. I clearly remember the tracker was disarmed. There was also message asking to disarm the tracker. Vehicle was not connected to tracker.
Any other clue?

Hi Pete. I’m using ArduPlane on 2 of my rigs on Omnibus F4 Pro V3 without any issues of yet.
Recently I decided to build an Antenna tracker with a third Omnibus F4 Pro V3 I had laying around.
I have flashed the Antenna Tracker v1.2.0, connected GPS but I don’t know to which PWM outputs should I hook up the Pan and Tilt servos. I tried hooking them up to the ail/ele outputs but when trying to do the Servo Test in the Extended Configuration tab, the servos go full into a direction and get stuck. I have set for both servos 90degree travel but no matter what I’m trying to do, the servos donot respond and get warm. I think I also tried outputs 5 and 6. I saw you mentioned that you had success with an Omnibus F4 board, can you help me out a bit, please? Tell me where to hook up my servos or what parameters do I have to change. Please note that in Flight Data tab, I had set SERVO_TEST when trying out the thing I have done. Thanks!

looks like it should be aileron and elevator (1 and 2), you can look in the servos tab and see which channels its trying to output on.