An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

ok, report back your findings then!

this is the relevant file

Hi @Samuel_Tabor I did time the script:
I read passthrough telemetry at 60Hz and set VSpd at around 18Hz ,every 55ms

opentx statistics report 53ms as lua timing in line with my findings.

the lag you experience with VSpd does not appear to come from the script, let me know if I can help more

Hi Alex,

Both my Taranis X9D+ radios have been upgraded to OpenTX v2.2.1 without issue.

Your LUA telemetry seems to work fine on Plane v3.8.3 and my QuadPlane setup. I like your script sensor technique as well. Bravo!

1 Like

At the direction of my brother @Lance_B, I installed this on my X9D+. Love the interface. Had been a C&T user (that interface is good as well) but after major releases and having to pay to upgrade it left a sour taste. Not that I don’t mind paying for a good product, but at the outset the assumption was that you’d pay up front for the software and upgrades would be free, at least for a time. Having to pay for it twice in one year left me flat on it.

2 Likes

Get 2 thumbs up here.

The interface is super informative and user friendly, no more lag on updates.

Very nice work Yap/Alex.

1 Like

Hi Greg, sorry to bother you.
How do you connect a FrSky X8R with the PixHawk2.1? I am not sure what cable!?
My Taranis X9D+ has been upgraded to OpenTX v2.2.1, no problems. Now I am a bit stuck regarding hardware connection.
You are so good in explaining things.

Sorry, I just found your answer at – FX-79 Buffalo QuadPlane Conversion –

hi Alex I just realized that I forgot the file maxalt.wav in French, I attach the file
Alain

maxalt.wav file french

I uploaded the file to the github repo, thanks for the update.

I made a quick demo showing some of the features in the Yaapu LUA Telemetry. My MavLink Message screen didn’t have much on it because the quadcopter had been on for a while. Normally, the message beeps are heard for each message as the Pixhawk initializes and GPS get a 3D lock.

Having GCS-like telemetry right on the Taranis transmitter is very convenient. It is a great application so give it a try!

2 Likes

Hi all,
what do you think of a HUD with a dark ground background, in my opinion it’s much easier to “read”

hud with white “ground”

hud with black “ground”

Note: I tried with different levels of GREY but I do not like the way it renders on screen

feedback welcome

3 Likes

Much easier to cognitively parse. More like normal artificial horizons, clearer to see!

1 Like

I like the dark. For it seems easier to see at a glance.

I like the dark too.

Same. It look like an attitude indicator on a small plane.

In my opinion, way, way better!

I prefere in black the horizon is more visible

I agree, next release will have the dark version, thanks to all who took the time to respond.

1 Like

Hi Alex thanks a lot for this wonderful script ! I’m testing it on Taranis X9DE+ SE and when I run it I got “Script Panic not enough memory”: Any glue what could cause this error ?

@ Digital,
Try removing the 3 folders from your sd card and replace them with what Alex provides.