Servers by jDrones

An Open Source Frsky Telemetry Script for the Horus X10,X12 and Taranis X9D,X9E and QX7 radios

frsky
lua
ardupilot

(chris rey) #186

great, thanks anyway and for this, I gave you a like :wink:

(Henry Wurzburg) #187

great work! a couple of questions

1. my cell voltage always flashes…I have both alerts at 3.5v (default)…I have FC source pre-selected instead of auto…
  2. any chance of an imperial units version?

(alex) #188

Hi Henry,
battery level 2 should be lower than level 1, it’s in the docs (defaults are wrong, my fault).
The scripts works all right even with level 1 equal to level 2.
Battery flashing is “sticky” once the battery voltage falls below the configured level the flashing will persist even if the voltage raises above.
Vocal alerts are played periodically only if the voltage is below, as soon as it raises they stop.
What is the exact behaviour that you observe?

As for the imperial version could you provide me with the correct units to use for vspeed, altitude, etc?
An imperial version would be for sure a compile time option.

cheers

(alex) #189

Hi, the Horus version is on github

cheers.

Alex

(Luís Vale Gonçalves) #190

Congrats Alex :slight_smile:

Please change it because I don’t like the color :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

(Henry Wurzburg) #191

I powered up FC, powered up Taranis, cell value (4.2V) was flashing…just tried agian on bench at home, doesnt flash…will play some more with it…

as to imperial units… vspeed: ft/min or ft/s hspeed: miles/hour altitude, distance: feet

thanks!

(Nando te Riele) #192

Thank you Alex!
Looking forward to trying this script on a Horus X10S.

(Henry Wurzburg) #193

While flying today I noticed that the speed box on the artificial horizon display always remains at 0…

the horizontal speed box is reading airspeed (I think)
I have both airspeed and groundspeed displayed on my OSD…

any idea what the issue may be?

(alex) #194

Hi Henry,
that’s weird, box on the left side of the hud is vertical speed, the vario was also still?
How about altitude, was is correct?
If you configured the airspeed sensor in mission planner then hor speed is airspeed.

Edit: I double checked and ran the script on github on my setup and vertical speed works, but I do not have and airspeed sensor. This to prove that the script displays what telemetry is sending.
Did the OSD display vspeed?

(alex) #195

Hi Chris,
this is what I’ve come up with,

rangefinder enabled via menu
(range is reported right below DGPS fix status, prefix is “R”)

disabled
(same position but you get GPS altitude)

It blinks when out of range

cheers

should work :slight_smile:

(Henry Wurzburg) #196

yes, the OSD displays climb rate correctly…

(alex) #197

Henry what radio do you have?

(alex) #198

Hi Nando,
new users are welcome especially since the Horus version is still in beta testing!

report back your findings,

Alex

(Henry Wurzburg) #199

I have a Taranis 9D…the vario is not moving either…today I ran discover sensors and showed them on the second page…vspeed and gndspd were reporting 0…everything else was normal…

sounds like Arduplane is not sending the data?

also, the second digit on current consumption is not showing…thought that was already in the script now…

(Roman) #200

Hi
I have a problem

Taranis 9+, pixhawk, FUL1+SPC converter, x8r (mode D8)

SERIAL2_ PROTOCOL 4 - running

SERIAL2_ PROTOCOL 10 - no telemetry data
available sensors:
VSpd
RSSI
A1
A2
What can be wrong?

(alex) #201

If I recall right should be bound in D16

(Jeremiah Wong) #202

Any idea if you are working on TBS Crossfire support?

(alex) #203

If crossfire can do mavlink down to the taranis than with Eric’s project you could use my scripts

(alex) #204

The second digit on current it’s not committed yet,
I’ll commit it soon.

Could be the airspeed sensor configuration?
I had another user with a bad health on airspeed and the telemetry would not show hor speed.

(Henry Wurzburg) #205

hor speed is fine…its vspeed and vario that do not display

I do not have an airspeed sensor…my OSD displays both the synthetic airspeed and gps ground speed…airspeed sensor type is “0”…so the LUA script is evidently showing me ground speed from what you are saying…but that should not impact the climb rate data