AMP:Copter3.2@TradHeli - how to set PosHold, ACRO, Yaw

You probably need to lower THR_ACCEL_P and THR_ACCEL_I values.
The rule I’ve read somewhere in documentation is that THR_ACCEL_I = 2 x THR_ACCL_P

Thanks Sobi !
I will look into that tonight, I found Sean whittneys thro. acc settings as well in the forums.
His heli is a 550 stretched to a 700, so now I have a comparison.
On the bench I found that loiter appears to work but there is little to no swash movement when tipping the heli or stick inputs.
So I raised the loiter pid’s and now I have movement of the swash even thou the guide says it is normally not necessary to adjust these pid’s .
I hope I am on the right track here with the loiter settings change, I did change the pixhawk mount some more and it seamed to help in the vibes I was graphing.
It is now a sandwich mount with Lynx heli omicron gel pads then a 3mm CF plate then the zeal gel pads with the pixhawk sitting on top of the zeal gel.
Does it make sense to adjust the loiter pid’s to get swash movement?? It has always moved up and down as I lifted the heli just no pitch or roll…

Just checked the thro. acc settings changes on the bench and everything seems to work much smoother now. thanks for the tip!
Also forgot to include a pic of my mount…

[quote=“captmark”]…On the bench I found that loiter appears to work but there is little to no swash movement when tipping the heli or stick inputs.
So I raised the loiter pid’s and now I have movement of the swash even thou the guide says it is normally not necessary to adjust these pid’s …[/quote]

Check also this parameter:

But the bench test is never as good as the test in the air :slight_smile:.
Anyway, you have to use PosHold mode instead of Loiter if want to “to feel heli flying”…

Is that sandwich plate better than just one layer one when you compare the IMU logs?

Yes you are correct the vibes did decrease, more so on x and z with a very small reduction on y.
I am waiting for good weather to test the heli outside, position hold is now programed as a flight mode :smiley:
Will be testing Altitude hold, position hold and loiter, and will be using two cameras the gopro hopefully will be on the heli…
Thanks again Sobi :slight_smile:

Hi Sobi,
I have finally got altitude hold nailed down as of last night, it works flawlessly!!
However… loiter has TBE about a 3 foot radius and position hold runs off to the left…
I did a auto analysis in MP of the log and it shows no issues with the compass, vibes are well within specs.
So I am kinda wondering if compass_mot would help, any ideas??
I have the Kallman filter active and I see that my gps glitch radius is at 400 so I am going to bring that down.
I may also do a compass recal as well to see if it helps… :unamused:

Well, I don’t think that compass mot will help if the compass seems to be ok in log autoanalysis.
Have already you tried to play with parameters that are connected to loiter or poshold (see my other post in this thread)?

Sobi,
Yes I did read thru your posts, loiter lat/lon P & I values now reduced but I need to test Loiter and position hold again with new settings…
I will try to post my log and params.
Ok params not allowed and log file too large…
Trying to upload a smaller log…
well that one is to large as well…
LOITER_LAT_D,0
LOITER_LAT_I,0.5
LOITER_LAT_IMAX,4500
LOITER_LAT_P,0.9
LOITER_LON_D,0
LOITER_LON_I,0.5
LOITER_LON_IMAX,4500
LOITER_LON_P,0.9
I also think that I did not do the auto trim flight correct so when I test again I will be sure to get that right…

I should also add that I checked the compass on the heli and compared it to a hand held and they are reading the same…

Captmark,

I don’t think compassmot does anything with the Traditional Heli code. Not 100% sure on that though. If PosHold is drifting to one side check your transmitter trims or recalibrate your radio.

Regards,
David R. Boulanger

Hello, i have a trex500 fbl and when i change to loiter mode the heli starts drifting and get away ,also i have no control on my sticks to try holding the heli in position, any thoughts??

Thank you,george.