After 3.3 firmware cant connect mission Planner

I have two APM 2.5 and a 2.6 when after I load 3.3 Plane I cant connect to them via Mission Planner. It says time out no heart beats…

If I load the previous version ArduPlane V3.2.3 (ce3f314c) I have no issus any thoughts?

Are you using the latest Mission Planner and latest USB driver?

You might want to try plugging in your GPS/Compass before connecting. I found I was only able to connect when those devices are attached to the APM.

I’ve been struggling with uploading Arduplane 3.3.0 to any of my various older 2.6 APMs. Nothing worked until I plugged in a GPS/Compass - thank you.

Is there any reason this isn’t a bug? I wasted over an hour on this one; is there some reason things need to be this way in 3.3.0?

I also consider it a bug.

Can’t believe that they designed it that way on purpose. Hopefully it will be corrected in 3.3.1.

Hi.
the problem exists.
In Console
"No Compass backends available",
external compas does’t affect.

Glad I’m not the only one who came up against this. It’s a real PITA if you want to connect up to the APM in a small workshop with a large disassembled model!

The issue is mentioned in a few other posts elsewhere on the forum, but no replies have suggested why the change was made or whether anything is likely to be done to revert it.

So, I bit the bullet and raised it as an ‘Issue’ over on github…

github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/issues/2675

Chris

After raising the issue on github, I got a reply back from Andrew T. to say ‘this was fixed a few weeks ago in master’.

:slight_smile:

Chris

[quote=“chris-s”]After raising the issue on github, I got a reply back from Andrew T. to say ‘this was fixed a few weeks ago in master’.

:slight_smile:

Chris[/quote]

Excellent!
Now we all have to wait for 3.3.1 to come out.

I don’t see any beta versions so it may be a while. Does anyone know when 3.3.1 will come out?

I thought 3.2 was as high as you can go with APM? At least that’s the way it is with copter. :confused:

Some of the features were removed to free up space which helped I guess. Except that a lot of the ‘new’ features are pixhawk-only and so it has opened the debate on whether a APM only fork/build might evolve.