I thought I would share my latest little project. I build some pretty large multirotor UAVs but I’ve always wanted to build a single rotor UAV.
Originally I was just going to put a Pixhawk 2.1 mini into a 450 sized frame and see how it went but then the maker in me took over. I took the core design from my Skyhawke multirotor and incorporated the mechanics of a Turnigy Assault 450 (Trex clone) into it.
Because I wanted the design to be easily scaled up and as maintenance free as possible I had my heart set on a DDFP tail.
I’ve got to say a huge thank you to Chris Olson for the videos on parameter and head setup. This made things a lot easier for me. The DDFP has less info out there but I worked it out in the end.
I’m really impressed with the results. This video was only the third flight. I haven’t done any PID tuning and it was really windy but it held the waypoints like a champ!
Looking forward to scaling this one up now…
Cheers & happy landings