3DR Y6, Spektrum Radio calibration, Motors not spinning

Hello

I built the 3dr Y6 DIY Kit and I’m now in troubles to get it flying…
I have a DX6i with a AR6210 DSMX satellite RX. The satellite is connected on the SPKT/DSM Port on the Pixhawk.

Problem 1: I’m not able to calibrate the Radio control in APM-Planner2.0.16. If I click on “calibrate” it tells me always “Radio control is not active or turned on”. But if I move the throttle stick on the TX I see this in APM.

Problem 2: I’m able to arm the system with APM Planner. If i move the throttle stick, three motors are spinning, but not all six! Has this something to do with the TX calibration?

Compass, ESC’s and Accel-Calibration were all successful, also the 3DR telemetry Radio is working.

Can someone help me? Thank you!

@hoschi,
Did you bind the Spektrum Remote (Satellite) receiver to your transmitter before trying to calibrate the transmitter?
Regards,
TCIII GM

@TCIII: Yes, I connected first the Spektrum Satellite receiver to the Spektrum receiver and I powered the Receiver from pixhawk. The orange led’s on the Receivers were blinking, after binding they were stable orange. After this I disconnected the satellite from the receiver and connected it directly to the pixhawk DSM port. Also the DX6i settings are on Plane, not Helicopter. Do I have to do special Settings on the DX6i?

Another hint: If I use QGroundControl I’m able to do the calibration of my Spektrum radio. But there is no configuration for an Y6 frame. I want to use the APMPlanner, but why is this not working? This drives me crazy :frowning:

With mission planner it’s possible to choose y6 copter and to calibrate my Spektrum. Things are getting better :wink: Tomorrow i will have a look at the motors, there could be a problem with the cabling from the PDB to the ESC’s.

Ok the motors are now ok. I had a mistake on the cabling between the ESC’s and the PDB.
I think i will try a testflight tomorrow.
But I’m still confused why the remote calibration is not working with apm planner.

Short update: The Hardware is now working ok. I still have the radio calibration issues with APM Planner, so I opened a thread for this in the Ground Control Software Board. I’ll try to close this issue here, thanks.