3DR 915 multipoint with SiK 2.x?

Hello,

Is it possible to use the new 3DR 915 telemetry set, with SiK 2.x firmware, to allow two ground stations? For instance MP on PC and DroidPlanner on Android.

Thoughts?

Brit

Hi Brit,

We load the 1.7 version at the factory which is the one linked to the mission planner when you click on initial setup, 3DR Radio, Upload Firmware button, we haven’t tested and I don’t know the capabilities of a newer version of SiK firmware so I have no recommendations on this, if you use it do it at your own risk.

Thanks, Rogelio!

If I remember correctly, I’ve updated to 1.8 and they work great. My interest in the 2.x is only to be able to receive simultaneous telemetry, and I seem to remember that with the 3DR pair, you can “only have one talker” but I don’t remember where I saw that. Do you know if it’s possible to configure two of them as local and one as remote, in 1.7 or 1.8?

Once I did a test connecting 2 ground telemetry radios to 1 air telemetry radio, both ground radios could connect but only one refreshed the flight data information.

Update:

I’ve gotten the 2.4 fw onto my radios and am in the process of setting them up and testing. I contacted RFDesign.com about some questions, but I’m posting them here just to share the knowledge. I’ll post their reply once I’ve gotten it.

• I am unable to set ECC=1 (ATS5=1) – it returns an error. Has it been disabled? I am also using MAVLINK=1 and OPPRESEND=1 without issue.

• If I understand correctly, for a three-node network (with Node 0 as the aircraft, and two ground stations), Node 0 should use S16: NODEDESTINATION=65535, Node 1 and Node 2 should use S16: NODEDESTINATION=0. Is this correct?

• I noticed that the SiK 2.4 MP default was S10: NUM_CHANNELS=30, but my 3DR typically use S10: NUM_CHANNELS=50. Is this OK?

• FYI: If using the 3DR Radio Config Tool, the NODEID is displayed in the “Max Window (ms)” field. In SiK 1.7, for my 3DR, the “Max Window (ms)” field shows 33, and I am unable to set this value (because it sets the NODEID instead), and I cannot find an S Register that corresponds to this “Max Window (ms)” field. How can I get the value of 33 correctly saved in EEPROM?

Hello Brit.
Did you end up getting any response to your questions?
Thanks,
Nick

[quote=“britdavis”]Update:

I’ve gotten the 2.4 fw onto my radios and am in the process of setting them up and testing. I contacted RFDesign.com about some questions, but I’m posting them here just to share the knowledge. I’ll post their reply once I’ve gotten it.

• I am unable to set ECC=1 (ATS5=1) – it returns an error. Has it been disabled? I am also using MAVLINK=1 and OPPRESEND=1 without issue.

• If I understand correctly, for a three-node network (with Node 0 as the aircraft, and two ground stations), Node 0 should use S16: NODEDESTINATION=65535, Node 1 and Node 2 should use S16: NODEDESTINATION=0. Is this correct?

• I noticed that the SiK 2.4 MP default was S10: NUM_CHANNELS=30, but my 3DR typically use S10: NUM_CHANNELS=50. Is this OK?

• FYI: If using the 3DR Radio Config Tool, the NODEID is displayed in the “Max Window (ms)” field. In SiK 1.7, for my 3DR, the “Max Window (ms)” field shows 33, and I am unable to set this value (because it sets the NODEID instead), and I cannot find an S Register that corresponds to this “Max Window (ms)” field. How can I get the value of 33 correctly saved in EEPROM?

*************[/quote]

where did you find 2.x source ?

Here’s the zip

thanks, but I am using 433Mhz, and would like to know if anyone havethe source in git, so I don’t need to review changes by diff.

This file is OK for all freq versions, the difference is in bootloader only, which you have in your modules now and it isn’t changed during firmware upgrade process.

I got the file directly from RFDesign, I am unaware of any source available, though it may be.

@britdavis

Did you get it working with a 3 node mesh?

Has anyone successfully use the v2.3 or v2.4 firmware? It seems that v2.4 isn’t present on the RFDesign website, only in this thread. Beyond that, it seems that only APM Planner has the user interface widgets to configure the multipoint settings but I can’t retrieve the settings with it. It gets stuck at “Read local radio version” I’ve tried this on both Mac and Windows with the same result. The older Mission Planner software doesn’t have these settings and neither doe the 3DR Config tool off RFDesign’s website. I don’t really want to go too far down this rabbit hole and risk bricking the device.

I have successfully uploaded SIK V2.3 onto the new radios available from hobbyking (which are a clone of the 3DR sets) using the RF900 GUI tools from RFDesign’s website. I have used up to 4 nodes without a problem.

RogelioN, what’s last firmware for Telemetry modules (Silabs Si-1000)?
I have 3DRRadio Config 1.3.2, what’s latest version 3DRRadio Config?
I have a problem. Version on Air and Ground modules=1.9, green diod is solid, default settings and same, but I can’t connect Mission Planner to Ground modul after update Ground from 1.7…What’s problem may be?
Thanks!

I just got this working with firmware from here : http://jenkins.hovo.id.au/job/SiK_Multipoint/ws/Firmware/dst/
It seems to have all radio versions available, my cheap Si1000 modules report MP SiK 2.5 on HM-TRP

Although Mission Planner was able to upload the firmware, it doesn’t like to configure it, or use it. Radio responses include a few extra chars prefixing the response, with it’s node id, "[0] " or "[1] ", etc.

The RFDTools app works great to upload firmware and configure a radio, but doesn’t do the “remote” side. I had to use a usb-serial/ttl adapter to flash the non-usb ones.

I got Mission Planner to compile last night, so as I have time I’ll work on :
[ol]
[li]Ignoring the prefix, which should allow some things to work.[/li]
[li]Using S0 reporting FORMAT=27, instead of 25. Which means it has 4 extra params - to set, and listed under ATI5.[/li]
[li]Utilizing the prefix to properly manage a list of remote radios.[/li][/ol]

Hopefully I get (some of) that working, and am allowed to commit that code.

i guess you delivered the wrong version of firmware.

this is for rfd900 , not for 3DR (433/915) USB telemetry dongle. They are different.

But rfd900u, rfd900+ are really great.

thanks for sharing, anyway