I have a little conundrum with my Pixhack v2.81.... (this is a testbed for learning and experimenting with ArduPilot based systems... Pixhawk 2 will be on it's way shortly after initial testing for my day to day rig)
When I load the Quad X firmware (I've tried 3.4.5 as well as 3.3.1 now) Motor #4 won't spin up on arm or during motor test. A, B, and C need to be set at a minimum of 6% to spin up, which is what I expected after reading through the "Setting Motor Range" section of the ardupilot.org site.
There was a list of things to test (Courtesy of TheQuestor, srbell, slimething, and Mr.Jagger on RCGroups forums) which I worked through to determine whether my #4 pin header has a hardware issue or if it is a firmware issue. First I tried the older version of the QuadX firmware, no dice, same behavior. I then took the case apart to see if there was a hardware issue, but everything looked perfectly fine to me. I then put everything back together, hooked everything back up and loaded the 3.4.5 OctoX firmware. I left the four motors wired on pins 1, 2, 3, 4 as a quad and tried the motor test (as was suggested in the other forum). All 4 motors run up at adjusted 8% test throttle. disconnected from MP and armed the copter, all was as it should be (expect that I had OctoX firmware loaded on a Quad setup).
After this success, I reloaded the QuadX 3.4.5 firmware and back to square 1 I went. My thought is that since motor D worked in the OctoX firmware that this is not a hardware issue with the Pixhack. (I know it is not a genuine Hawk, but if testing proves out, that will change.)
I have also wiped and formatted the SD (after backing up of course) for a fresh install and received the same results.
QuadX = Motors 1-3 spin up and functions normally.... Motor 4, no response
OctoX = All four motor spin up and react function normally
After posting my findings on RCGroups, I was directed here for deeper analysis of the issue, and advised to upload log files of each setup to be analysed (which I have done) none of the parameters seem too far off, as this is my first ArduPilot adventure, I really don't know how much difference is or isn't allowed in the PWM settings) If I could get some guidance on where to look and what possible configuration and/or wiring changes may need to be made, I would be greatly appreciative! If pictures of anything in particular will help anyone, I will be happy to upload them if you let me know what you want to see. Sorry for the coffee table book I just wrote, but I like to attempt resolving problems myself based on other's similar issues before I add to a thread, and to provide as much information the first time around so there isn't so much back and forth for everyone to read through.
2017-03-13 20-02-31.zip (2.7 MB)2017-03-13 22-39-12.zip (856.8 KB)