Using PPM, 2 Tx switches, to setup Flight Modes (9x, Pixhawk, D4R-2)

MP 1.3.44 quad, copter, just updated: (I have done this before with non-PPM setup on an APM2.6 on a quadcopter):
When trying to use PPM from my FrSky D4R-2, sent from my Turnigy 9x:
In the MP INITIAL SETUP - RC , I can see Ch 5 and 6 hitting all 6 different PPM rates, between ~1125 to ~1900, when I toggle GEAR and Func N-1-2 (I have 3 mixes setup in my 9x, that are right in the middle of the PPM ranges for each flight mode).
However, when I go to MP CONFIGURATION _FLIGHT MODES I only see the Channel 5 PPM signal (for the 9x this is the 2 position Gear switch). I move the 3 function switch at this screen and nothing happens for setting flight modes. Yes, I know channel 6 is not to be used, and I have it INH in my 9x Tx setup (only Ch 5 is set as Gear). I go to the config/tuning expanded setup and set all 6 flight modes, but they don’t work…

Don’t quite understand. To do flight modes you need to mix the two switches together so that they send the data as one channel on channel 5. So don’t understand what channel 6 has to do with anything. Any switch can be configured to any channel.

MIXER CH5 -70 FULLSW1 R -35 FULLSW2 R -15 FULLSW3 R 15 FULLSW4 R 35 FULLSW5 R 70 FULLSW6 CH6 100 P3

CUSTOM SWITCHES
S1 AND ID0 !AIL
S2 AND ID1 !AIL
S3 AND ID2 !AIL
S4 AND ID0 AIL
S5 AND ID1 AIL
S6 AND ID2 AIL

With the custom switches you can use whatever switches you want to tie them to that level
Channel 6 is tied to my pot so I can control the gimbal on my camera.

Mike

Thanks for trying, but these suggestions do NOT work with a PPM/serial output from the Rx to the Pixhawk. They work great when using the servo outputs from a Rx into an APM.
Pixhawk cannot input individual servo lines!

The mixing referred to is all in the Transmitter to modify the output of channel 5 using 2 switches.
The Rx has nothing to do with it.

Sit down with the Tx set to servo monitor and watch the output of channel 5 while you toggle the switches.
Keep trying your mix settings until the 2 switches give you 6 levels on channel 5.

The Rx and Pixhawk just follow what the Tx tells them.

THx, I understand that it’s all about the Tx setup. But with APM you do the trick of Rx Ch6 out connected to APM Ch 5 input. Using PPM and Pixhawk I can’t do that. Using the videos I get CH5 as only 2 outputs and Ch6 as 3 outputs, (with PPM going into the Pixhawk). I can’t find a setup procedure that works with the Pixhawk.

PPM on single cable or PWM on multi cables makes no difference.
Have setup on APM many times in PWM, and same Tx mix works on PPM without change.

Setup your Tx to modify channel 5 output with 2 switches and it doesn’t matter what the Rx outputs, PPM or PWM.

So your mix is setup on channel 6 and not on channel 5. What is on Channel 5 then. Is this just an open channel not used.

So now it seem you just need to move your channel numbers around on the Turnigy transmitter so that it outputs on channel 5 instead of 6.

Mike