Using Channels 9-16 with APM Planner

Dear developers and enthusiasts,

Ive switched to APM planer to have full benefits of this Ground Station on my linux machine. From the first glance it looks great tool and I started to like it. But, unfortunately, seems like Im missing some concepts and would be glad if you could help understand me.

I`m using 2.024 rc1-dev version along with APM 2.6 which is connected to XSR receiver through S.Bus .

Im trying to utilize upper channels from my receiver from 9 to 16. Ive found Channel 9 to12 in “Standart Params” list of APM planner, changed values from the drop down list, but can`t find nothing like “save” upload or etc. to my APM? without that they are missing after I reconnection.

Although, in Full Parameter List, there is “Write to” button, but there are no CH9, CH10 or similar options related to channels 9-16 of receiver in that list?
Maybe those options for upper channel have other names in Full Parameter list?
Is there any shortcut for parameters upload?
Or I miss the concept anyways?

Thank you in advance,
Kind regards

the outputs from 9-12 for ArduPilot flight stack is related to the outputs of the HW, and not the inputs from the RC receiver. APM Planner only shows 1-8 currently. In the UI.

If you open mavlink Inspector from the Tools widget you can monitor the RC_CHANNELS message that shows 0-18 outputs for PWM

Thank you for your reply.

In Malink inspector in RC_CHANNEL_RAW I can see just 1-8 channels there instead of 16, that are declared in S.Bus and receiver options…
Am I missing something, maybe my configuration or receiver setup is wrong or I miss the point?

The RC_CHANNEL_RAW is the older message type that only supported 8 channels. its there for backward compatibility. If you don see RC_CHANNELS, the firmware version you are using only supports 8

Sorry if my stupid questions, maybe even I`m in wrong topic.
After update I have APM 2.6 with ArduCopter 3.2.1, so should I forget those wanted upper channels with such hardware setup?..

Firmware 3.2.1, last for APM, only supports 8 input channels as shown on the full parameter list. 9-12 are only supported by 3.3 and later (for Pixhawk).

Thank you for your time and clarification!

Bes regards,
Jonas