Telemetry connects, but won't read/write Parameters / Waypoints

My first hurdle with telemetry was that my 433 Silicon Laps CP210x USB module was set to a default 9600 Bits per second, but eventually found out that it should be CHANGED TO 57600, then it connected.

Immediately after connecting it says “Getting Params …” and that stays like that indefinitely.

After cancelling that message I try read/write a mission and I get … Error and under details I get this:-

How can I solve this?

Has anybody ever seen this before?

the error is because there was a timeout on receiving data. ie there is most likerly still a physical problem or baud problem.

John,
Did you also change the baud rate on the remote radio attached to the Pixhawk?

Regards,
David R. Boulanger

I did change the baud, that is how I got it to connect eventually.

Does my radio need to be on in order to get telemetry from my Pixhawk, surely not?

I meant the telemetry radio attached to the Pixhawk. Make sure both radios have the same settings.
Regards,
David R. Boulanger

Oh ok, yes I think it is as it does connect, but I can’t read or write waypoints to/from Pixhawk.

Hi David, would MP connect to the Pixhawk if both radios do not have the same baud?
Regards
John

yes, air_baud must be the same, but the baud on each radio can be different. so long as they are configured correctly.

Thanks Michael, I’ll continue searching the internet on how change the baud of the radio on the boat.

Regards
John

you have seen these pages?
http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-3dr-radio-advanced-configuration-and-technical-information.html
http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-sik-telemetry-radio.html

Yes, I have, and just read it again.

A lot of great information there for sure, but it still doesn’t explain why I can connect (HUD active as I move the craft), but I still cannot read or write parameters / waypoints.

I have now gone through the entire Google search on the topic and still have no solution.

The clue has to be in here somewhere, but I have no idea what this all means … HELP!!!

http://discuss.ardupilot.org/uploads/default/original/2X/1/1776dd945ce8b1a7672eb30802abb550fbff9cf6.jpg

@John The error you posted is explained on the first line “Timeout on read…”. The details below it don’t matter in this case. Please tell us about your hardware and how it is configured. Something is not set correctly.

Hi, I’m beginner and I don’t know how to use a forum at all!But I waded in the RC territory and I met huge new unknown things. One of them: what do I need like a device to make a bond between my laptop with Mission Planner and the quadcopter?

@Jean_Dimitrov Cable or radio.

Your choice, how do you want to connect?
USB cable just plug onto the FC and the other end into the laptop.
Radio will need one for your laptop and one for the FC.
It’s all here : Connecting

The Wiki is where you find 90% of what your looking for.

Thank you! Obviously I’ve not red all topics
carefully. But so much info last days!

-------- Оригинално писмо --------

От: Mike Boland noreply@discuss.ardupilot.org

Относно: [ArduPilot Discuss] [Ground Control Software/Mission Planner]
Telemetry connects, but won’t read/write Parameters / Waypoints

До: jandimitrov@abv.bg

Изпратено на: 23.10.2016 02:05

mboland   Mike Boland  

October 22

@Jean_Dimitrov  Cable or radio.   Your choice, how do you want to connect?

USB cable just plug onto the FC and the other end into the laptop.
Radio will need one for your laptop and one for the FC.
It’s all here : Connecting The Wiki is where you find 90% of what your looking for.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To  

Jean_Dimitrov  

October 22

Hi, I'm beginner and I don't know how to use a forum at all!But I waded in the RC territory and I met huge new unknown things. One of them: what do I need like a device to make a bond between my laptop with Mission Planner and the quadcopter?  

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here .

I still have the same problem, HUD works great, but I cannot read, write to or from device.

PLEASE HELP!!!