Technique to expand Roll and Pitch Rate PID gains without instabilities

Bill,

Thank you for drawing my attention to this thread. I am very keen to see AC code and hardware becoming a viable alternative to an off the shelf FBL gyro. One question, your concerns about instabilities in the <5Hz range, if that turned out to be the case in a given setup, couldn’t it be solved by changing mass distribution and stiffness in the frame?

Joe

Good question. I think so but can’t guarantee that would be the case.

Hello,
I must say I have been intently watching & reading this thread. Im very interested in the idea of getting Pixhawk to perform much better with Traditional heli.
Im patiently waiting on a new pixhawk 2 to mount to an 800mm heli frame and after reading through the progress in this thread I have a much better feeling about how my build might go.
Initially, i was prepared to just mount a standard fbl with the pixhawk after the many reports of ossicilations and other issues with helis, but if at all possible to keep the system simple i’d like to just use Pixhawk 2 standalone with an sbus receiver. Less wiring, and failure points, cheaper to build etc etc.
This is going to be my first plunge into the world of Pixhawk, but i can see already the work people are putting into it and i must say, it is appreciated. Hopefully i may be able to contribute in the future, and god willing its more than a crash report i contribute. :confused: lol
I might be off base, but i am also grabbing a couple more units to use and move around with other platforms, a small quad, a 600mm quad and a large octa, hoping i can start learning the ropes per se’ on the cheap to fix quads before i put a big heli in the dirt because i missed a simple step. This seems like a goood progression to me? But honestly my main concern is getting the heli platform running.

Tim