tBeacon lost model finder - anyone use it?

I’m looking at buying the tBeacon lost model finder but I can’t find any info on it working with the Pixhawk. This link here shows how to get GPS data to the tBeacon on an APM.

Am I correct in assuming that I can split splice off the GPS line so that it connects to the tBeacon? If so, which line is it, the GPS or I2C?

Thanks.

On Pixhawk GPS is on GPS plug that is UART
Just use +5V, GND, and the TX line of GPS connected to RX line of the tBeacon should work !
Normaly, arducopter already have those feature implemented : You can make it beep and got the position report too. Same problem as with the tBeacon you need to have a working telemetry link !

Thanks @khancyr. That all makes sense. So the wires I should splice into are (from left to right in this image) 1, 3 and 6?

Yes. After I don’t have a tBeacon, but according to their website it should work

Hello,

Here is my 3,39$ solution: https://www.banggood.com/4-Channel-Wireless-RF-Remote-Control-Transmitter-Receiver-Module-p-912951.html?rmmds=search

Works fine up to 500 M…depending where it landed or on the ‘‘state of the components’’ when it crashed … :wink:

I like these kind of solutions: cheap and it works. It transmits at 315mHz though, so not legal in Europe. My build needs to be 100% legit for EU use.

Well… in this case, its going to be 4.14$ …:Just replace relay by a Buzzer :slight_smile:

I use tBeacon with GPS coordinates from various GPS units, and wouldn’t fly without it. Affordable, lightweight, reliable, long battery life, and battery is independent of main flight pack ejection on impact. In the event GPS coordinates are bad or unavailable, I can also fox hunt with signal strength indicators in the tBeacon dialogue. It has helped me recover several lost lambs.

Kelly

That’s good to hear. How did you find dealing with the seller? What sort of shipping time can I expect?

I order from Bangood almost every weeks.
Never had any problem with credit/refund/resend.
Expect 4-6 weeks

Thanks @ppoirier. I’ve used Banggood before. Was really asking @wkf94025 about the iBeacon.

Delivery is a few weeks. Not a few days, not a few months. Not speedy, but worth it. Support and documentation are excellent.

Kelly

I asked Konstantin at tBeacon about delivery times and he said the same thing. The last delivery to the UK took 12 days, which is still a lot quicker than shipping from China,