Sik Telemetry Units Never Pair

When trying to configure the SIK telemetry units for Pixhawk via Mission Planner, I cannot connect to the remote/air telemetry unit.

• Ground telemetry unit flashes green
  • Air/remote unit flashes green with solid red (when plugged into the boat). When the Pixhawk is plugged into the PC via USB, the unit flashes green with a solid red. I read that solid read means firmware update but it seems to hang in that status when plugged into the pc.

When using Mission Planner/Initial Setup/Optional HW/Sik Radio, I can only connect to the Local/ground unit.

So the question is, what can I do to get the telmetry units to communicate?

I forgot to add, the remote/air unit is not the kind that takes a usb plug.

Can I interface with this unit via the Mission Planner command interface?

is it a six pin remote? And, do you have a FTDI - USB cable to check the remotes settings?

Regards,
David R. Boulanger

@D_S_S,
You really should have posted in the Hardware Radio sub forum to be able to get the most response to your telemetry issue.
@David_Boulanger,
Thanks for helping out, much appreciated. Yes, you are right about him having to have a an FTDI cable to be able to communicate with the aircraft telemetry radio. I always used the FTDI cable to program the aircraft telemetry radio as I could never get the ground telemetry radio to update the aircraft telemetry radio.
Regards,
Tom C AVD

I had the same problem without the FTDI cable

Regards,
David R. Boulanger

Good suggestion. I was nearly awake when posting this. While the components had full power, my brain was low on ‘juice’.

Thanks gents. Looks like I will have to go find the USB adapter cable.

My mate finally sussed out the problem. The radio came with the wrong connector for a pixhawk (5 pins instead of 6). We swapped in a new 6 pin connector and it’s all good.