Rover 3.0.0 release

Hi gmor,
I’m nooby, i’m actually trying GUIDED mode and it seems not working for me (Ardurover 3.0.0).
When i right click on the Mission planner map and do “fly to here alt” the rover won’t go anywhere. (i have also some problems with the Auto mode in Ardurvoer v3.0.0).

Marouen

You need to ARM the rover first.
Thanks, Grant.

Thanks for the replat

I allready do it. The rover work fine in manual mode in auto mode it dont go To wp and in guided mode it do nothing

Can you provide a log so we can analyse it and see what’s going wrong?
Thanks, Grant.

I do a lot of test in static so i send you some log file and you see that not all of them have the GPS lock so that means that is a static test in my office.210.BIN (120 KB)

215.BIN (82.4 KB)

214.BIN (23.3 KB)

211.BIN (243.9 KB)

216.BIN (372 KB)

218.BIN (264 KB)

213.BIN (480 KB)

220.BIN (764 KB)

227.BIN (144 KB)

228.BIN (126.5 KB)

225.BIN (755 KB)

229.BIN (107.5 KB)

230.BIN (272 KB)

233.BIN (4 KB)

231.BIN (232 KB)

235.BIN (82.5 KB)

236.BIN (68 KB)

232.BIN (272 KB)

237.BIN (29 KB)

238.BIN (64 KB)

240.BIN (160 KB)

242.BIN (148 KB)

241.BIN (200 KB)

245.BIN (70.9 KB)

244.BIN (231.5 KB)

247.BIN (26.5 KB)

248.BIN (27.4 KB)

239.BIN (1008 KB)

252.BIN (34.5 KB)

257.BIN (24.0 KB)

a test this morning Uploading…

I don’t have time to look through all those files. I just want ONE file that has the issue. Can you advise which one please.
Thanks, Grant.

The file is too fat so i send you a link to download it.
http://dl.free.fr/gk1WGJOsh
thank you

Hi Brandon,
I was just wondering if you had any workaround this issue since I’m facing the same problem. I need to track and follow a moving target from a rover, but it seems the only (nonoptimal) way to do this using Dronekit is by using the simple_goto() function, which according to my simulations using SITL does not work properly since it progressively lags behind the target point at every computational cycle. I would greatly appreciate any insight from you. Thanks.

Hi Grant,

The work you’re doing is very good. I find very usefull the Loitering option in a Waypoint.

I’ve been using this option in my Boat and I’ve been facing with some troubles.
Sometimes the boat passes near to one WP radius but outside it and if it doesn’t reach the WP radius it skippes to the next one, ignoring the Delay feature.
Another problem I’m facing is that sometimes the boat stops doing a Mission after reaching a WP (not the last WP) after the Delay Time (or Loitering Time) has been reached.

Thanks for everything and regards,

Esteban Caligaris

2016-11-16 11-57-05.tlog (3.0 MB)

Hi Esteban. I’ve notice some issues as well and I have re-written some of that code so hopefully it will work a bit better now. I should be release another Rover beta today so if you could test with that new software that would be great.

Thanks, Grant.

Hi Grant,

Good to hear that! I’ll give it a try in these days. Thanks!

Regards,

Esteban Caligaris

I hit a snag where I couldn’t for the life of me get the steering to output to an RC channel in MANUAL mode. Regardless of RCMAP, only the throttle channel would change. I found another post that talked about this as a known issue, and the latest beta (as of 25 Nov) seems to fix it. Is this actually a bug, or was there something funny in my config - I didn’t change any parameters, and as soon as I updated the firmware I started getting an output.

There was a bug in the first Beta I believe related to RC output. There was also an issue in Master at one point but I don’t believe I ever released a beta with that issue until it was fixed in Master. Sounds like it was a firmware update that resolved it though. Glad its working now.

Thanks, Grant.