Pixhawk 2 Getting Started

Might have to go for the ventana board if nvidia doesn’t get hdmi encoding working. Trying to put together a rover UAV swarm.

1 Like

Yea, I hear ya… The JetsonTX was my first pick & is what I would prefer to use, but…

Converting HDMI to MIPI CSI? Yea… Im sure it can be done, but its a bit above & beyond my forte. If only they had universal connectors for SFF motherboards that EVERYONE used & a premade pixhawk fire cape, or something like it that fit it & took onboard video into account.

@proficnc

Am I just inquiring on the availability date for the pixhawk2 from “your” online store or from any of your other official retailers?

Thank you

MadD MacKx

@proficnc

I assume that when rtk rover gps module when no base is present it acts like normal gps

Hey, I have an important question. If there are 14 PWM channels can I use the 14 channels plus the Sbus to have over 20 channels? If so this would be a game changer!

At this point, October

Yes, that is correct.

I’m confused. Your website says in stock for pixhawk 2 suite and I ordered one. It’s not in stock?
Is it 100% compatible with mission planner? Will I need to do any kind of upgrade or tweak?

Did you read more info. It says no deliveries tell October

Then it shouldn’t say in stock, right?

Based on the published specs, it seems like you are planning on supporting GPS RTK out of the box. Can you provide information on what receiver is actually being used, and will this be supported from day one when the Pixhawk starts shipping, or are the GPS RTK units going to be shipped at later dates.

As a follow up question, at what point will there be support for the GPS RTK base/rover system from the Pixhawk2 team (if ever)?

Additional detail question:
What is the type of connector used by the breakout board so that I can plan to have the appropriate harnessing capabilities when the unit ships?

It says on back order In many places on the site.
I am sorry for the delays, but we have had some issues getting PCBs.
Current estimate is mid October. If you do not want to wait, please request a refund via the store.

1 Like

RTK alphas will be shipping next week hopefully to the alpha test team. So hopefully that means we will get the code (working) fully tested in Ardupilot. PX4 has people working on this as well.

The breakout board uses JST-GH connectors, and the cube connects to the baseboard with a DF17
Please look at the reference designs in the Proficnc GitHub repo for reference designs

1 Like

Please answer me Phillip, do we get more than 14 channels?

if you add S.Bus, yes, or CAN

When I try to reach the Pixhawk2 website (www.proficnc.com) from Germany, all I get is a more or less empty website with a lot of “lorem ipsum” dummy content. There are just a minimal count of readable pages. Maybe, something there is going wrong with an automatic language switch that leads to empty content?

It works fine from Austria, but I’ve also set English accept headers, don’t know if they make any difference: Accept-Language:en-US,en;q=0.8,de;q=0.6

Lorem ipsum here as well (Chrome, Fedora Linux with German locale setting).

BTW, can’t wait to get my hands on a Pixhawk 2. I just read the Pixhawk2.pdf file and found out that “S.Bus and CPPM receivers powered directly from the servo rail”. That sounds very strange, because in usual Copter setups without servos the servo rail usually unpowered, especially if there is a separate backup power mechanism available (power brick #2).

Does that mean that a separate power supply (or a wire jumper to one of the other peripherial ports) is necessary to power S.Bus or sum PPM receivers? I would consider this a design flaw.

However, I would gladly accept that flaw just for the chance to get rid of the awful external vibration damping, that, for some reason, always needs a lot of individual try and error tuning during initial setup, even between absolutely identical vehicles. I hope the internal damping is also compatible with the lower frequencies of vehicles with larger props.

Holger

the servo power and RX power are separate. RX power is supplied from the Pixhawk 2, just as it was on Pixhawk1.

Regarding large props and vibration isolation. The default foam is not suited for all applications, however, the cube can be opened, and a spacer added to change the natural frequency of the Isolation if it happens to sit at the same frequency as your Props.

will see whit I can do about the site…

the site should work in Germany now.
sorry about that :slight_smile: