NOTE: USB connectivity issues on OSX 10.10 and previous rele

There seems to be many reports of USB issues when installing the OSX version of APM Planner and connecting to the USB ports for 3DR Telemetry Radio.

Please try this from FTDI (the company that makes the USB chip in the 3DR Radio) ftdichip.com/Support/Documen … AC_OSX.pdf to resolve the issue.

The issue stems from a fact that Apple now supplies an FTDI USB driver with OSX and it does not always work with all FTDI chips.

Thanks

APM Planner 2.0 Team

I’ve downloaded the drivers on my mac with misssion planner but it does not give me the option in the drop down box to connect via a port it only gives me the option to connect via Bluetooth? How to I get it to USB? Thanks.

1 Like

Have you solved your issue? I have exactly the same problem as you.

1 Like

Even with APM Planner 2.0.25, I’m having usb connection issues. I have High Sierra 10.13.6 installed and have attempted to use both apple’s FTDI drivers and the latest drivers from FTDI itself. Apple’s FTDI drivers will be recognized as connection options right away, while FTDI’s drivers are less reliable (sometimes they show, sometimes they don’t). In all cases, though, when the usb connection to the RFD900+ radio shows up, I can’t load the settings of the radio. STATUS will first state “entering command mode” then get hung up on “Read local radio version” and never populate the relevant data. I know it’s wrong because this radio has already been set up from a different computer successfully (e.g. baud rate isn’t updated to reflect required baud rate connection)