My DAC-3 Ground Rover

I’ve was into APM 2.0’s approximately a year ago with my hexacopter when I had a radio issue and I then sold it all. Over the last little while I have gotten back into FPV again and I’ve started to build up an Axial SCX10 Trail Chassis that I had, into an autonomous ROV. It is powered by an Axial AE-2 ESC and a RC4wd 35t motor. For the photos I had on Proline Trencher 2.8” Tires but I’m finding my turning circle is the pits so last night I put on my 2.2” Trenchers and it seems to have improved.

Currently I’m controlling the rig with a Dx5e. I do plan on migrating this to a higher channel Tx in the hopefully near future so that I can again have head-tracking capabilities. I currently have the throttle and steering on my left stick as it keeps this straight for when I’m flying aerial platforms as well. By using the throttle it also gives a bit of a cruise control aspect to set the throttle and do other things on straights like manipulate a pan/tilt with the right stick for now.

The FPV setup is from nghobbies.com on 900mhz. Noted the Ogpro on the front will be replaced with a 600 lined CCD camera whenever it arrives. The gopro will go back in its case.

1 Like

Nice project well done :slight_smile:.
However, please note that this forum is mainly for technical support :slight_smile:. Such a nice project is much better presented in a blog post on DIY Drones! :slight_smile:.

@Stefan,
Grips’ project has been posted in the ArduRover User Group Forum on DIY Drones. I left his post here because it is a good example of a rock crawler chassis and could generate a discussion concerning the pluses and minuses of rock crawler chassis that could benefit the membership.
Comments.
Regards,
TCIII AduRover2 Developer

Noted :slight_smile:.
I’ll leave the Rover subforums totally to you then :slight_smile:.

@Stefan,
Please still feel free to make comments concerning the appropriateness of posts in the Rover Forum and sub forums. If I cannot justify a post that you have flagged as not passing forum guidelines muster then it is out of here.
Regards,
Tom C ArduRover2 Developer

@Grips,
Since the Chassis sub forum is really for discussions concerning the pluses and minuses of chassis performance and appropriateness, I would appreciate it that you limit your thread to discussing the merits of your rover chassis and post any additional project information on the DIY Drones ArduRover User Group Forum.
Regards,
TCIII ArduRover2 Developer

I am still around if anyone has any questions. The platform functioned well but I later went to a Traxxas summit for my rover and never looked back.