Getting my remote to arm the drone

There is no “right” you can configure them how you like. I wouldn’t bother with the Wizard but that’s just personal preference. Just manually step thru the Mandatory Calibrations. That compass orientation will require Roll_180. Set that if it’s not already and perform another compass calibration.

I have been continually trying to get the compass to calibrate but it has not been working whenever I turn the drone upside down to get the dots on the bottom of the sphere its gives me an error so I cant do the calibrations.

It’s typically not that complicated. Face North and rotate on the pitch axis twice, then immediately face West and rotate it on the roll axis twice. In almost all instances the compass calibration completes before the 2nd stage is done on all of my craft (many).

Yes I understand that whenever I turn my drone upside down it says the compass reading has failed it will happen if I just started it or have got every point but the ones on the bottom. I have watched many videos on how to do it and tried many different things and it still does not work which makes me think there is something wrong with it. Im not really concerned if it is i just want to be able to get the drone to fly. Also does all 4 motors pulsing at the same time every second mean the esc needs to be recalibrated?

Possibly, I would calibrate those ESCs if you can. There are two ways to do it, one for old APMs like the 2.6 (which I have) and one for the pixhawk which involves pressing a button on the UI. Look up “pixhawk esc calibration”

Ok thanks i think that is the problem because i directly pluged in the esc to the reciver and was able to get all 4 motor to spin with the controller except to stop all of them them both sticks would have to be in the bottom left corners and to then throttle all 4 motors up i had to diagonally move both sticks to the top right position

When you put the throttle stick in the aft/left position and hold it there, you are essentially dis-arming the flight controller, so the motor(s) should shut down. That does not necessarily mean the ESC(s) is/are calibrated (you should get a confirming “beep” at the end of the calibration procedure if it/they are calibrated properly. You most likely don’t get that “beep” if you are simply dis-arming the fight controller, as it appears you are by the description you gave.)

Try calibrating your ESCs using the “all-at-once” method as described in the ArduCopter wiki that is on-line. Just Google “calibrate ArduCopter ESC” and find the site there then follow the procedure.

Yeah that was the first thing i did when i first had the problem that the drone wasnt working. I tried it multiple times and did many different thing people did online but none of them worked. So then a couple days ago as you can see above i decided to just redownload it in hopes that then after i would be able to calibrate the ecs bit it still did not work. One thing i notice when i directly plugged all 4 motors in was that the only one that responded how it should when i used the throttle stick was the motor that was pluged into channel one. All of the other motors responded to different stick movenments in both sticks each stick controlled two motors.

Hey guys so i finally got the beeping to stop when i turn on the drone by after a lot of trys finally calibrating my escs. So now im back to my original problem once i calibrate the esc and I turn the drone and the remote off I am not able to arm the drone. This is pretty much where i was at at the beginning so i dont know what to do

Sometimes when doing ESC calibrations in MP you will time-out before you get all the white dots extinguished. I have found it useful to de-select “Use Auto Accept” and “Rotate With Each Data Point” in those cases. By de-selecting the former you are able to take your time and, by watching the screen, you can “hit” the white dots quite easily.

De-selecting “Rotate With Each Data Point” takes away the sometimes confusing 3-dimensional perspective of where the dots are located, which can be difficult for some people to make sense of in the 3D presentation.

The “all-at-once” ESC calibration didn’t work for you? Would be interesting to know why it didn’t. It is much simpler to do than to do them one at a time. Did you just run the calibration on only one motor and then assume the others were also calibrated at that point? I’m not sure that they are.

When you try and arm does it give you any messages like HDOP to high? If you have it in a GPS mode and try and arm it without a steady GPS lock it will inhibit the arm.

No messages are given when i try to arm it and im pretty sure the all at once worked, all 4 motors throttle up as i push the throttle stick up. One question i do have is that once i am able to do this the motors only throttle up and down and dont respond to me pitching the drone. I thought this was normal since i am just calibrating the esc but maybe its not? In the past the drone has not needed gps to arm i have armed it in my house where the gps does not work well i dont think it requires it to fly? So where should i go from this point?
Thanks