Funding for GSoC student hardware [Approved]

Topic:Google Summer of Code student hardware

Proposal type: Hardware [x]

Description: This is a list of hardware required for the GSoC students:

Sriram - Zubax Babel $59 http://shop.titaneliteinc.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1004

Pierre - Rover hardware:

• Pixhawk2 + GPS: $200
  • 2x Maxbotix I2C sonar: $60
  • logitech c920: $80
  • odroid xu4: $120
  • transmitter (turnigy 9x pro?): $120
  • battery: $100

Planned amount $$ (USD): $740

Estimated time for completion: 1 month

The Turnigy doesn’t support SBUS in their receivers AFAIK. Unless you swap out the transmitter module. So that means you can’t connect it to the Pixhawk as it supports only direct PPM channel out i.e. it connects to an APM2 just fine but that’s not what we need.

alternative these: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/i6s-afhds-2a-black-mode2-6ch-radio-with-colour-box.html
and in stock in EU

How about a Taranis instead of 9x Pro? I realize it’s a bit more expensive, (+ ~$70) but that radio is so widely used it’s worth it IMO.

Here is the status on stuff for Pierre:

sent but not yet received:

• Pixhawk2 + GPS: $200
  • 2x Maxbotix I2C sonar: $60
  • logitech c920: $80

ordered but not yet shipped or recieved:

• transmitter (the one Luis recommended): $80
  • odroid xu4: $134.15

Here’s the latest status:

The “sent but not yet received” items above did not make it through customs. They were returned to me so I do not need to be reimbursed for these anymore.

The “ordered but not yet shipped or received” did make it through.

The final payments should be:

Randy: $80 + $134 = $214
Pierre: 414.56 euros for Pixhawk2.1 and customs duty on transmitter and odroid

Whats the status on this? this seems like it should be an approved proposal, and since we are nearing the end of GSoC we should finalize the decisions on this, at least mark this as accepted if that is the case, and start making arrangements for the payment.

I can’t remember if you guys have official voted to approve or disapprove of this payment. My guess is you haven’t.
I think Francisco and/or Pierre knows whether the payment has been sent or not to Pierre… presumably it hasn’t been sent because it hasn’t been official approved.
I certainly have not received the $214 due to me.

Pierre’s expenses have been approved by @tridge and @billb before @jmachuca was elected. I’m working with him to get him paid by SPI.

I wasn’t aware of this. @jmachuca I’m pretty sure this will be approved, but can I get confirmation?

The paiement for Randy are associated to my GSOC, he take in charge the payement for the RC radio and odroid XU4 that was send to me

Dear Sir
I am Vincent from Radiolink
We are RC manufacturer for RC system (transmitter , charger , flight controller GPS and drone ) for 15 years
In China , End-users know Radiolink better than Flysky and Frsky and we also OEM cooperation with Hobbyking, KDS, and sky-Hero etc
You can check our website : www.radiolink.com
My email : vincent@radiolink.com.cn
We have many transmitters you can choose (T8FB for rc beginner , AT9S for pilot , AT10II for industry plane )
Anyway you can find any products you need
If you have any questions, feel free to contact with me

Dear Sir
You can check our Radiolink products
I am Vincent from Radiolink
www.radiolink.com