ESC calibration not possible, T-Motor S45A 600Hz on Pixhawck (3.4.4)

Hello Henrik
thanks a lot for the link.
I am an absolute novice in RC. Got in touch with it just two weeks ago, so I did not know such an instrument even exists I would have used a scope :slight_smile:
I have been adviced by Rainer that it should be ok as it is.

So I will have a first go at the weekend.

regards
Juergen

I have done my first trial and it failed.
With the propeller mounted one could clearly see thet the motors dont start at the same time especially one is quite behind also they dont spinn with the same revs.

I conntacted T-Motors of China and they adviced to calibrate the ESCs, but thats not working with me.

I also tried to calibrate only with the receiver one by one, but no response from the units.

Can it be possible that four ESCs are defective?

I have also updated the Pixhawk to 3.4.5, but no difference.

What would you recommend, baying new ESCs and which ones?

regards

That is standard take off behaviour especially for the first flight.

If you hold in some roll to counteract the tilt how does it perform?
Slowly running the motors up is counter productive as you end up with a build up of corrections.

It looks ready to fly, and all copters I have built have this tendency to tip on the first lift off that is not present thereafter.
Not sure a trampoline is the best surface to test from though.

Hello Jürgen

I would say a little more gas and the copter flies.
Do you come from Germany? If you want to go to my website, there is a telephone number call me simply times, then we get determined the problem solved
Greetings Rainer

Have you ever tested on the ground. Be careful. Hand on the copter gas until it floats and see if it stabilizes and reacts to the remote control. Use protective gloves

Hello Rainer

yes I am from Germany, Thanks for your offer, what day and time is convinient for you?

regards

Jürgen

Hello Mike

thanks for the answer. I had one motor (front left) spinning the wrong way but after correcting it showed the same behavior.

I think you are right with applayng more gas but I just dont have the courage as I am never ever controlled a RC vehicle

I have to investigate first why these ESCs dont get calibrated, all my attempts failed so far.

regards

Seriously, if this is the first RC vehicle I would strongly recommend you stop right here.
Get yourself a cheap RC toy copter, small and cheap, one you can fly inside would be good, and practise.

You have essentially built a flying chainsaw, and relying totally on GPS hold modes, or worse, manual mode but with untrained thumbs, is asking for a disastrous situation.

It would also give you the confidence needed to lift off with control.

Hello Mike
thanks for your answer.

Rainer just offered helping me to get at least the technical staff right.

I then will follow your advice and bay a cheap copter (ready to fly) which I can use with my radio so I can get used to the cross sticks.

thanks and regards.

Update on ESC calibration

I have build myself a little adapter where i can calibrate all four ESCs tougether with the receiver at the same time.

What a surprise, now I can hear two peeps on full throttle and also two peeps on low throttle. The peeps are not very loud just about loud enough so I can hear them.