Thank you for your help, i was able to do everything as you said and I am almost at the end of my project. Now I am stack in one of the parameters configuration. I have almost done everything and I don't know if I am missing something or doing it wrong; I am not able to make both the motors work. Here below is what I have done so far and what I am getting as a result.
Software and Firmware
Mission Planner: The latest stable version [3.1.48] does not recognize the gamepads so I am using the latest bet because it does recognize the gamepads
Firmware: ArduRover 3.1.2
My RCMAP is as follows
RCMAP_ROLL = 1
RCMAP_PITCH = 2
RCMAP_THROTTLE = 3
RCMAP_YAW = 4
I am using RC1 and RC3 for steer and throttle consequently
My skid steer parameter is SKID_STEER_OUT = 0 and SKID_STEER_IN = 1, on the safety side I didn't select anything from the ARMING_CHECK and BRD_SAFETY is disabled. I can arm and disarm from the GCS and I disable ARMING_REQUIRED only when i want to calibrate the ESCs.
I am using XBox and Futaba Interlink RealFlight RC Simulator gamepads alternatively. These two gamepads are behaving differently. The XBox would give higher PWM ranges on both channels but the outcome is random and unpredictable. Every time I calibrate the ESC for the XBox gamepad, the thrusters behave differently and it is hard to understand what is going on. On the Futaba side, the problem I am seeing is that it has very low PWM range specially in throttle side and at the end of the configuration only one thruster works, this means only Pin-1 works. If i switch the cables on the Main Out, the other thruster works so the problem is somehow with Pin-3 which is not doing what it should do. I have tried to alter the ranges for both RC1 and RC3 using ranges 1100-1500-1900 for RC1 and 1100-1100-1900 for RC3 but it didn't work.
I am attaching a log files in .bin and .log and the parameter and if you need more data I can send them to you.
00000001.BIN (41.8 KB)
USV.param (8.7 KB)
00000001.log (42.5 KB)