Copter-3.5.0-rc4 released for beta testing

Hi Francisco
Here is the answer that I got from C&T.
(Thanks for sending the video. It confirms this is an issue with ArduPilot. FlightDeck correctly reports the ArduPilot statuses for Simple/Super Simple modes.

There’s nothing in the release notes to suggest there’s been modifications there (https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/blob/master/ArduCopter/ReleaseNotes.txt) so I invite you to check whether there’s anything you’ve modified in your configuration (both in ArduPilot and for the OpenTX RC channels). I suggest you consult or post on ArduPilot support forums to find answers.)

3.5 rc4: stabilize: ok, alt hold :ok, pos hold:ok, rtl:ok, simple mode ok, and rainy stops my test. :frowning:

@cala2, thanks very much for testing.

I’ve personally fallen a bit behind on support but hopefully over the next week we can resolve/explain the outstanding questions.

1 Like

Copter 3.5.0 rc4 doesn’t work on my Pixhawk 2.1.
Looks like the Pixhawk doesn’t boot correctly, orange Leds stay on and one orange Led is blinking.
No Problems with 3.4.6.

@mfbs17 I’m sorry to read that. I can only suggest again that you try a GCS, like Mission Planner or APM Planner, and see what you get.

@haydar That is strange. I’m not very good with lights meaning, I always mix them. @rmackay9 do you have an idea what orange leds mean?

I hope is Mission planner problem?, I have to try more than one time to install the fw; I have to close MP and re open and finally I can install, I have a pixracer. I thought that it was only my pc problem.

This log file is a bit of a hog. I have log while disabled and log replay enabled.

00000062.BIN

I flew a little a few days ago. Haven’t had very calm weather lately, so I kind of have to get it where I can.
Not to mention I’ve been struggling with the setup of the PH2.1. I think I’ve finally worked that part out.

This is my Main Hexa - Pixhawk 2.1 - with Edison installed.
Rangefinder - SF11/c on II2C working.

EKF3 is disabled, I can’t get this FC to work reliably with it turned on.
If you want to look further into the EKF3 on PH2.1 - I’ve dumped all logs into this folder:
CubeLogs

OLED 1.3 on I2C working
PX4Flow on I2C working
Alt-Hold Working
PosHold Working
Loiter Working
Land = working…but seemed to wander…I eventually took control of it to move it over. Each time I tried, it tipped. Crash Detect seemed to show in log, but it didn’t disarm. The odd movements are me trying to use my boot to upright it. ; )
Manual landing produced the same results I think 3 out of 4 times.

Caibrations - working. FWIW, I used Live Calibration on this Pixhawk 2.1 and had zero issue.

Generally, it felt a bit “loose”. Wobbly - in flight - however, I haven’t autotuned this FC yet, so I’m not attributing this to the FW. It hovers well and seemed pretty dead on considering.

I’ll test more this weekend as weather (wind…specifically - Oklahoma…) permits.

I’m not saying this is what your issue is, but I get this very thing when I have EKF3 turned on - on my PH2.1.
Can’t power or boot via USB. Orange cube light blinks, or sometimes flashes for a second and then nothing.

Turning EKF3 off fixes it - for me anyway.

I posted my setup experience and info in the Hardware/Pixhawk 2 group if you’re interested.

C); Confirmed, IMU Temperature PH2.1 BRD_IMU_TARGTEMP now working.

F450 Quad
Pixhawk 2.4.8 Clone
M8N GPS
Nothing special

I need to Autotune this one as well. I’m sure the logs reflect this.Was a bit wobbly at first, but it stabilized some after about 30secs in flight.

EKF3 is on and appears to be working.
All Calibrations working.
Alt_hold works
Pos_hold works
Loiter works
Simple and Super Simple work
Land works
RTL works

Seemed to fly well, nothing specifically out of the ordinary. Several Flights of logs in the following link:

F450 Quad

Hexa
2.4.6 Pixhawk Clone
M8N GPS
Had the LeddarOne on for a flight or 2 but it still has issues so I disabled it. Not too concerned about it to tell the truth.
As soon as I can afford a better one I’ll get another Lightware.

EKF3 on and appears to be working. Still causing lag on telemetry to Flightdeck Hud (I’ve informed Craft and Theory and they’re looking to this) It’s not terrible after about 20 sec after takeoff. Until then, no flight mode announce or update on the controller, hud update is slow.

Needs Autotune.
All Calibrations working.
Alt-Hold works
Pos_hold works
Loiter works
Simple and Super Simple work
Land works
RTL works

Tarot Hexa

Hexa
Pixhawk 2.1 - with Edison installed.
OLED 1.3 on I2C working
PX4Flow on I2C working
Alt-Hold Working
PosHold Working
Loiter Working
Super & Super Simple mode working

I’m still struggling with the Cube.
I feel like I’ve got something set wrong - although I haven’t Autotuned yet and this may fix some of my issues. I hope to be able to do that today, or tomorrow.
It wanders in Alt-hold pretty bad, and the same in Pos-Hold.
It seems to not fly straight, consistently. I’ve calibrated and recalibrated, used only compass 1, used both compasses etc. No evident change.

Landing and changes in height, both directions, seems to want to wobble around, and doesn’t seem straight.
I think I’m going to reset this FC, and I’m going to unhook the PX4flow and see if any of these issues clear up.

RTL is the same as Land…just doesn’t seem right.

My GPS was loose on it’s mount ; ) while fixing it helped a bit, it didn’t fix these issues. I’m investigating but please - if you see anything out of the ordinary or might have a suggestion, don’t hesitate to let me know.

Several flights here:

RCT800 Hexa 2.1

EDIT: I forgot to mention that with RC4 I’ve started getting a “BAD AHRS” message after booting - through the boot process - and up until EKF has finished loading.
I haven’t seen it happen after this, nor in flight. But it’s a new issue with this build.

FWIW, I’m using the Flightdeck Hud on all of mine (2 Pixhawks and Pixhawk 2.1). Both simple and super simple are announced on and shown on Taranis & Flightdeck Hud, and mode changed/functioning.

Assigned to 3 pos switch. (SG on Taranis) - param RC-XX_Function = 13 - Input on Taranis set to this input.

Position Hold Autotune - I could freakin kiss somebody…

Works flawlessly -Hexas- Pixhawk 2.1 Cube and Pixhawk Clone 2.4.6

Ran out of daylight for the quad, I’ll do it tomorrow.

Thanks a ton guys.

1 Like

Problem solved ,don’t ask how obviously Taranis has it’s own thinking.thanks to all.

I think I’ve finally got this PH2.1 sorted. Autotune FTW

Hexa Main
Pixhawk 2.1 - with Edison installed.
OLED 1.3 on I2C working
PX4Flow on I2C working

Alt_hold, Pos-Hold, Loiter, Stabilize, Simple, Super Simple, Land, RTL all tested and working.
She flew great.

Only real issue I have is when I switch RTL, theres a sudden drop, maybe a meter? But this isn’t new, it’s persisted since 3.3 I think. It may be related to rangefinder? Don’t know for sure, I’m used to it, so it’s not a huge deal but needs to be said nonetheless.

000070 & 71 in this folder: 69 is the autotune from last night if you’re interested.

RCT800 Hexa 2.1

Thanks guys.

@haydar,
The orange LED only means that it’s failed during the startup. My guess is that the I/O firmware is not being updated for some reason. If you have a safety switch could you try holding down the safety switch while powering on the board? If you have a buzzer that you can attach it would be good to hear the tones because this helps determine where it’s failing. If it plays a happy tone then we know it’s failing in ardupilot. If it never plays a happy tone then we know it’s failing in the start-up scripts.

Hi Randy,
thanks for the answer, I have some more information now.
I can hear the happy tone at startup.
See the message output below:

FRAME_CLASS was set to 0, so I have set it to 1.
After that and after a reboot, all lights are dark (no orange Led blinking).

After a compass calibration, the only PreArm Message, that appears, is “RC Roll not configured”
But I don’t know why, because I have set Roll, Pitch, Yaw and Throttle in RCMAP.

Regards
Haydar

Hi Haydar,

You have to do a radio calibration. What that message means is that your min/max RC roll parameters haven’t be set.