Compiling Error on Windows 10

I’m trying to compile APM Planner 2.0 on Windows 10. I’ve installed the latest Qt with the build packages for 5.5.1 MSVC2013 32 & 64 and the MinGW 32 bit. I’ve been able to build applications from the example set that get installed with Qt for all of these packages. When I try to build the APM Planner which I cloned from the GitHub repository I get the following error.

moc: Cannot open options file specified with @
QCommandLineParser: argument list cannot be empty, it should contain at least the executable name

Makefile.Debug:1998: recipe for target 'build-debug/moc/moc_accessmode.cpp' failed
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory 'D:/My Projects/build-apm_planner-Desktop_Qt_5_5_1_MinGW_32bit4-Debug'
mingw32-make[1]: *** [build-debug/moc/moc_accessmode.cpp] Error 1
makefile:34: recipe for target 'debug' failed
mingw32-make: *** [debug] Error 2
13:48:55: The process "C:\Qt\Tools\mingw492_32\bin\mingw32-make.exe" exited with code 2.
Error while building/deploying project apm_planner (kit: Desktop Qt 5.5.1 MinGW 32bit4)
When executing step "Make"
13:48:55: Elapsed time: 15:34.

I get this same error for all the build packages.

I’m new to working with Qt and have done some searching for this problem but haven’t found anything that was helpful.

Thanks for any help in advance.

I haven’t had much luck or experience with the MinGW cross-compile. Maybe consider Visual Studio 2003 Express…

I get the same error when I compile using the visual studio 2013 packages.

Try checking out APM Planner 2 into a directory without any spaces.

Make sure Shadow build is not checked in Projects | Build Settings for both Release and Debug.

Does your compilers look like this?

It looks to be the directory names with spaces that was causing the problem.

Thanks for the help.:slight_smile:

1 Like