Can I take off the drone from AUTO mode?

Hi,all

I want to take off my drone from AUTO mode in dronekit app, after the dronekit app, 

it always print below:

Arm:Mode not armable
waiting for arming…
waiting for arming…
waiting for arming…

when I take off my drone from GUIEDE mode in dronekit app, it’s ok!!!

who can give me some suggestions, thanks a lot

Tom

You can definitely take-off in Auto mode. I believe, however, that you cannot arm it in auto. So arm it in another mode, switch to auto and (assuming you already uploaded a mission starting with a take-off) just nudge the throttle stick outside of the resting position and off it goes

@zhitao Like Filipe said, you can take-off in Auto, but not arm in Auto. This is to prevent that you arm in Auto by mistake and the Copter surprisingly takes off.

Thanks a lot for your response

TOm

Thanks a lot for your response

Tom

I have had a problem with this failsafe, yesterday I had pressed the arm button on the UAV, than switched the button on my transmitter to AUTO and the UAV just took off, without arming the motors (down and right on my transmitter throttle/Yaw) any reason this failsafe may fail?

So the motors were spinning without you arming the vehicle?

I have had a problem with this failsafe, yesterday I had pressed the arm
button on the UAV, than switched the button on my transmitter to AUTO and
the UAV just took off, without arming the motors (down and right on my
transmitter throttle/Yaw) any reason this failsafe may fail?

Logs please - both ataflash and tlog.

Yes (as it appeared to me up until about half an hour ago) we were adjusting some settings on our quad, so before this auto flight I did a control check (a short flight in loiter mode to check up, down, left right, etc…functioning correctly) they were functioning correctly so I put it down, and about 2 SECONDS later flipped it to AUTO mode and it took off, so I did some bench tests and of course! the quad would have still been armed for a brief window 5-10 seconds after I landed from the control check. So I MESSED up not our valiant little quad.

Thanks !

No problem, we are all always learning! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes (as it appeared to me up until about half an hour ago) we were adjusting
some settings on our quad, so before this auto flight I did a control check
(a short flight in loiter mode to check up, down, left right,
etc…functioning correctly) they were functioning correctly so I put it
down, and about 2 SECONDS later flipped it to AUTO mode and it took off, so
I did some bench tests and of course! the quad would have still been armed
for a brief window 5-10 seconds after I landed from the control check. So I
MESSED up not our valiant little quad.

You should still have needed to raise the throttle before it took off.

Perhaps we’re not resetting a flag appropriately - if the vehicle
considers itself landed we probably should be resetting something.

Also - consider setting MOT_SPIN_ARMED to something non-zero - it’s there
to warn you that your vehicle is armed, which would have been useful for
you here!

Thanks for the advice I will definitely do that! I definitely Did not input any throttle, and the bench test confirmed that infact if I bring it down after a short test than proceeded to flick the switch to auto a short time after o landed (maybe 2-3 seconds) it took off immediately. Now that I know this it won’t be a problem for me but, in a bit of a panic I switched it back to loiter and with the throttle all the way down it rapidly came down. So that may be somthing to look at i dont know, again thanks for your help :blush: