Camera Gimble Control

Hi guys. First post here. I’ve been able to get everything working on the APM 2.6, but I haven’t flown the plane yet. Still finishing up details. I have the APM in a Skywalker 1900.

Before I fly the plane, I wanted to get a camera gimble hooked up. I’m building a simple 2 servo gimble for pitch and pan control and have purchased 2 - 180deg servos.

Im using a FrSky D8R-XP and have connected it up in CPPM to the APM and all 8 channels are functioning and received by the APM, and I have calibrated the inputs from the transmitter. I have 2 of the rotary knobs on my 9XR-Pro setup currently to control the pitch and pan, but wanted to use the gimble functions in the APM.

I went into the Camera Gimble tab and I’m a bit confused as to the configuration.

From what I’ve read you can connect 2 or 3 servos and have them stabilize the camera. There is also a input channel that can be selected but they are all grayed out. There is also a type selection that is also greyed out.

All of the stuff that I’ve read is regarding gimble implementation using a copter. Can this functionality be used with Plane?

I’m interested in using the Point of interest function in the mission planner if it is possible. I’m afraid I’m a bit lost in the configuration and the documentation. Any one done this?

Any help is appreciated :slight_smile:

I’m trying to do the same thing, but I’m not necessarily doing point of interest. Just want stabilisation to work. I’ve got it working in pitch, but the pan movement acts like a switch. Camera just swings full travel. Not sure why. I’ve been struggling with this off and on for about a week. It’s a waste of time. Yes, you can do what you want with a plane, no problem.

Guys how did you fix it ? All my settings are grayed out in Mission Planner for camera gimbal. How I activate them ?