Auto geofencing

I am new to Arduplane having just found it on the web. I have used geo-fencing as per that found in the HobbyZone sportsman S+ before. With that it worked by applying a fixed geometry fence relative to the point the plane was positioned in when the GPS was enabled.

Reading the ArduPlane documentation the holding point, or auto-land point indeed initialises when the GPS gains lock. Is it possible to program in a geo-fence in relative terms to whatever the holding point is established as?

This would allow me to go to any flying field and know a geo-fence would be established to help prevent fly aways.

Many thanks in advance.

Richard

I am new to Arduplane having just found it on the web. I have used geo-fencing as per that found in the HobbyZone sportsman S+ before. With that it worked by applying a fixed geometry fence relative to the point the plane was positioned in when the GPS was enabled.

Reading the ArduPlane documentation the holding point, or auto-land point indeed initialises when the GPS gains lock. Is it possible to program in a geo-fence in relative terms to whatever the holding point is established as?

This would allow me to go to any flying field and know a geo-fence would be established to help prevent fly aways.

Plane-style polygon fences don’t usually translate from one airfield to
another, given different orientations and strip layouts.

I guess one really radical concept would be the ability to fetch “airfield
data” in the same way that we fetch “terrain data”, and allow users to
upload/download things like sensible geofences for flying places.
That’s… not a small task… especially given “sensible” for some isn’t
going to be sensible for others.