APM Trex 450 clone, pitch setting changing in flight

Thanks in advance
APM 2.6, ver 3.2.1, Trex 450 clone, Tarot FB head, Flysky 9X, flying pretty well, still tuning. Mostly using flat throttle curve 0-30-75-75-75, pitch curve is also fairly flat, PID setting are fairly low.
Question (calm wind) when trying to hover or just normal level flight, it seems the pitch on the blades must be changing because heli is either gaining or losing altitude without moving the throttle stick? Sometimes the movement is quite substantial but sometimes just small amounts?
Is there a parameter in mission planner I could try to adjust that would help this problem?
Thanks

You can look in your logs to see if the pitch is actually being changed by the servos. But I doubt it. That’s kind of normal with smaller heli’s hovering in their own downwash. They’re not as stable as big ones. There’s very rarely no wind, and even if there is, the downwash from the main rotor creates wind currents. And they tend to just kind of float up and down on it and require constant adjustment of the collective to hold it in one position.

I assume you are using Stabilize flight mode. If it’s doing this in Alt Hold, then you got a problem, like maybe excessive Z-axis vibes.

Yes, could be just changes in the translational lift.

William, do you have much experience with helis to know if this is more than would normally happen?

Unfortunately, it would be hard to see changes in collective pitch in the logs, because it doesn’t take much to make a difference. The signal could be lost in the noise. I do have a concern that with a lot of the changes that have gone in for multirotors to estimate the mid-throttle, might be affecting helis too. It’s something I have to check.