APM:Plane 3.7.1 released

The ArduPilot development team is proud to announce the release of version 3.7.1 of APM:Plane. This is a minor bug fix release. A major release of 3.8.0 is also being prepared now and will be in beta soon. Look out for the release announcement.

Changes in this release:

• fixed arming check error on FMUv4 (pixracer)
  • fixed pilot throttle based motor test for quadplane
  • fixed use of multi-copter mix_max in quadplane
  • fixed AFS termination bugs for quadplanes
  • added automatic ICE engine cut in QLAND
  • fixed loiter mode with Q_GUIDED_MODE=1
  • fixed navigation at latitude of exactly zero
  • fixed quadplane transition without airspeed sensor
  • fixed rudder arming in CRUISE and FBWB modes
  • fixed throttle slew rate in MANUAL mode for quadplanes
  • fixed multiple bugs in transmitter tuning for quadplane rates
  • fixed mavlink system ID in early startup on USB
  • slow down update of home position
  • update Disco battery lookup table
  • improved compass calibration code for larger offsets

Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this release!

4 Likes

Thanks for the update Tridge. Will install. Looking forward to 3.8. Hopefully a few auto-land features.

-Brian

@bchristal I’m not sure if this PR will make it into v3.8 but it’s a good auto-land feature. Did you have a specific auto-land feature in mind?

Event38 made it but I think because I watch it quickly, it’s done in Mission planner not in firmware. And they use reverse trust so it could be problematic.
Auto land should be great. An idea in my opinion : A curve approach like Marco Robustini make in his video => Flying down to 50m AGL, last turn to 35m, home point with these waypoints :
Name of wp : 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8
Height of wp (m) : 50 / 40 / 35 / 25 / 20 / 12 / 4 / 2
Distance between wp (m) : 50 / 50 / 50 /50 / 50 / 50 / 10

I’m not export, that’s why I plan in mission with my fx61

Rarely would I be able to use “automatically land into the wind”. My landing approach is based on a runway or avoiding obstacles. I don’t get to fly in a wide open field where it’s safe to land from any direction. Most foamy planes can deal with a cross or tail wind landing. Land features I’d like to see:

1. Auto pick approach waypoint based on airplane orientation during first GPS lock (or arming). Then land on first GPS lock.
  2. Auto circle down.

Thanks for listening,

-Brian

1 Like

Hi,
We use a large delta wing in unfriendly terrain, no runways, lots of rocks and trees. An auto land feature I would like to see is descend over an automatic way point down wind of desired landing spot to a specific height, head upwind over the desired landing spot, kill motor and pop chute. Hope this is included (or similar) in the landing suite discussed on git hub.
Cheers Tim

Great stuff. thank you!
Now comes my question: my needs are basic, sort of…
What i need is to be able to activate in ARDUPLANE different Gimbal modes based on flight modes.

For exp:

Gimbal / Camera locked when in Manual flight
Gimbal stabilizing in FBW modes

And so on.
Can I practice this now? this is really a great feature which i really miss.
I really hope this was implemented by now as i asked for this feature many months ago.

When I use Mission Planner to flash the new version, it only comes up with Plane 3.7.0

Is there something I failed to do?

Any update as to what is in 3.8.0 RC1? It is available on mission planner but I can’t find any documentation highlighting what is new in it?

Thank you

Are there some new features for auto landing or simply generate a runway in with auto-wp tool?
I usually add new waypoints where it stops motors at a certain altitude and distance from the point I want to land but it would be nice the auto-wp tool do that for me, or better having a flight mode that lands based on the initial point and direction as suggested by Brian.

Thank you

Great project. and congralution . Thank you for sharing I have couple of questions please reply on this which apm hardware model you have? How did you install the 3.5.0 to it?
I am using apm2.8

APM 2.x is very old hardware, it can only run older firmware due to it’s extremely limited resources.