Apm 2.6 rtl not working

I am using apm2. 6 ac3. 2.1 and quad 440 frame. i have ublox neo 6M GPS, i have gps 3d fix gps lock , HUD under 1 as display in mission planner. lioter, position hold mode all work fine but except RTL. i flew away my copter and as soon as i switch it to RTL my quadcopter moving around randomly at position where i invoke RTL instead of returning home location. i have try to switch RTL mode from current modes( lioter, stablize alt hold) but RTL is not working

First thing we need to have a look at is your logs so we can see what is going on.

Have had this happen in the past with Auto.
I refreshed the firmware onto the APM and all was well.

But without the logs we are only guessing.

I Purchase a S500 frame with a apm 2.8, loiter mode does not work properly the drone bounces up and down it looks like it’s about to fall out of the sky RTL does the same thing can anybody help.

The best thing you could do is to replace that Obsolete and no longer supported Flight Controller with one that runs the latest version of Arducopter. There are many.

Thank you I’m still new to this hobby which flight controller do you recommend that mission planner supported and will give me a stable and pleasant drone flight.

Many to choose from:
Ardupilot Flight Controllers.

For that size craft I would probably go with a Matek H743-wing V3. With these types of boards you will need some soldering skill. If you want a Flight Controller with a case and connectors there are good choices from Hex (Cubes), Mro, CUAV and Holybro.

1 Like

Holybro Kakute H7 BT - Tekko32 F4 50A BLHeli32 4-in-1 ESC Stack. What does 50amp ESC rating mean on a all in one ESC? 50 amp to each motor or 50 amp overall and divide between four motors?

each esc is rated for 50 amps